1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is 09 last year for 2nd Gen?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SDe92bmw335i, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Jan 29, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    SDe92bmw335i

SDe92bmw335i [OP] Active Member

Member:
    TAIWAN
    Hi there

I have been shopping around for a while, trying to find the best deal in town for 09 DC 4X4. S-bed. Anyway, today I got a call from a sales, I told him I will need a 09 has the production date in 09(Tax issue). He check the computer and this is our conversation

S:I got a white and a green, but no black in stock

Me: Could you order one for me?

S:They dont make Tacoma anymore.......""""silence for few secs""""......let me check.....

After 2 mins

Me:What did you mean they dont make Tacomas anymore?

S: "n...................m.........................................mm................nn......................."

Me:Hey,tell me the truth. Is there a new model coming out? I dont want to buy a new car and next month my new car become an old one.

S: Well.......I dont have any info about that,but I am sure they will not change the model in one month.(WTH......)

Me:Then why they dont make Tacomas anymore?

S: ..................en.........well...........they dont make 4X4 but still making others....

I dont know if the info he gave me is correct, but I did the research and nothing about 2010 Tacos. Any thoughts?

2. Jan 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    1 bad tacoma

1 bad tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    rustburg Va
    Vehicle:
    05 trdsport 4x4
    grapics, 6" fabtech lift, volant intake with ram air scoop, cleared head lights, chrome kit, westin bull bar and steps, custom toyota emblem, throttle body spacer, flomaster 40 series, dick cepeck black and sliver dc1s, trd seat covers, thrid brake light cover, chrome tail lights
    he is full of it. i don't see toyota ever stop making the Tacoma

3. Jan 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    The Tacoma Tundra Camry FJ and 4Runner are probably their biggest successors unlike the BIG 3 ( or now called the BIG bailout 3)

4. Jan 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM
    charles leandro

charles leandro Well-Known Member

Member:
    north alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 perrunner dc sr5
    none
    just go to toyota.com look at modal history watch vidio good luck.

5. Jan 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Sounds like the guy is really hard up for a sale on what he had in stock. With the economy the way it is, he has probably not had a sale in months! Tacoma's are like fine wine. They get better with age!

6. Jan 29, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    jmed99

jmed99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    Your salesman doesn't know what he is talking about...find another one!

7. Jan 29, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    SDe92bmw335i

Member:
    TAIWAN
    I really want to make sure they wont change Tacoma to Hilux........Since I will buy the car in few days.

by the way, can someone who just got a new 09 Tacoma share the deal you got?
    I am in LA, the deal I got is about 10%off MSRP+ fees

8. Jan 29, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    SDe92bmw335i

Member:
    TAIWAN
    This is what I hope, but my sales sounds like there is a new model coming out

9. Jan 29, 2009 at 9:16 PM
    ghostboy808

ghostboy808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Silver Mica Prerunner TRD Sport
    Gibson SS, TRD S/C
    There's always going to be a new model coming out right around the corner, they usually wheel the new one out right after you buy the old one.

10. Jan 29, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    ^ thats my experience

11. Jan 29, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Sounds like what they did with the Tundra plant last year. It was shut down for some time while the gas prices were ridiculous and no one was buying big trucks with V8's, it's probably just Toyota reacting to the supply/demand. The will never get rid of such a popular model, it's really the standard in which mid (they're not mini right?) size trucks are made.

Rob

12. Jan 29, 2009 at 9:37 PM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Sounds about right for my deal, I also got the alarm by accident because the one I wanted didn't come in and they had the exact same one with the model but with alarm so they just did the right thing (after trying to get me to pay for it, ha ha ha). They also gave me a little more for my trade in, not much but more than it was blue booked at. The price alone should tell you that Toyota is not absolutely going to devalue their trucks/cars. Have you seen how cheap Ford's are now days??? It's almost buy one get one free...

Rob

13. Jan 30, 2009 at 2:10 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
  14. Jan 30, 2009 at 7:56 AM
    j4x4ar3

j4x4ar3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - White
    Round Step Bars, Bed Mat, Cargo Bars, Rocky Mounts bike mount, JVC MP3 Head Unit, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Rigid Industries front and rear light pods, dual HAM radio with remote mount heads.
    I'm sure it's what others have said with the production.

I know when I ordered my 05 way back when my dealer gave me the rundown on why it took so long. They will only make so many of a particular body style and 4x4 or 4x2 during any given production run. If you're like me you're wanting something specific. I had to wait for the production run to come around for my truck. Even then the dealer had to do what's called "preferencing" the truck for their dealership. If the dealership has enough pull they can pretty much get what they want off the assembly line. So the dealer doesn't actually place an order with the factory due to production runs but instead basically tells the factory that when model xyz with features abc comes down the line they want it for their lot. The factory makes so many of these and sends them out to the stronger dealerships first. I had a really cool fleet manager to work with who gave me the production run schedules and contacted me every week or two via email with status updates. She even called me the day the truck showed up on her lot.. literally it hadn't even been unloaded off the carrier yet.

With production cuts and such the dealers are less likely to be able to preference a truck for their lot and are more than likely going to have to find one on someone elses lot and "trade" with them to get what you want. Most dealers aren't likely to do that these days and usually have to have an established relationship with other dealers in the area to do so.

Bottom line.. if you want something specific.. find a larger big volume dealer that's likely to have good relationships with other Toyota dealers around. They'll have more power to get exactly what you want.

15. Jan 30, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Toyota has sold 15K to 20K Tacoma's a month since the redesign, they wouldn't do away with such a great selling vehicle.

16. Jan 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    freesample

freesample Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport LB
    Visors, Deflector, Husky Liners, too expsensive for good ones :(
    if they do my tacoma used car price should go up cause its the last year of the best car in the world.. and by car i mean truck

17. Jan 30, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    blake2035

blake2035 Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Off Road Package
    It's nonsense, like someone said the guy is trying to get you to buy the truck, if Toyota does anything they are going to redesigh/remodel the Tacoma just like they did with the 2nd gen. But you can't go wrong with a Tacoma no matter when you buy it so keep that in mind....good luck

18. Jan 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    CRFan1

CRFan1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwest Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Pre-Runner
    DNX5120, Audsion AMp, Hertz Speakers
    Yep, both Nissan and Toyota halted production on trucks until the current inventory starts moving....they have yards full of 09 but the dealers are not ordering tons of them until they get rid of what they have.

I wanted to oirder an 09 but my dealer was honest and said due to the current shutdown, etc. he was noty sure when it would come in...l.it could be 6 weeks or 6 months. :( So I went with a new 08 and got 5 grand off, lol :D

19. Jan 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    blake2035

blake2035 Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Off Road Package
    CRFAN1 if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for that 08 truck, i got mine back in september when they had a 2500 rebate on new 08s and i got mine down to 21350 before tax title and all that other nonsense, so out the door i was around 22400. Thanks.

20. Jan 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    CRFan1

CRFan1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwest Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Pre-Runner
    DNX5120, Audsion AMp, Hertz Speakers
    Well...I bought an 08 DC SB with the TRD Rugged trail package and 6cd (silver with black fender wells and the black sport rims). It listed for$27,200 and I got it out the door with the Tube steps and bed extender, taxes (7%), title, license, etc. for $24,300. so I paid somewhere around $22,600 for the truck with the accessories. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top