Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is 09 last year for 2nd Gen?

Old 01-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
SDe92bmw335i is on a distinguished road
SDe92bmw335i's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Is 09 last year for 2nd Gen?

Hi there

I have been shopping around for a while, trying to find the best deal in town for 09 DC 4X4. S-bed. Anyway, today I got a call from a sales, I told him I will need a 09 has the production date in 09(Tax issue). He check the computer and this is our conversation

S:I got a white and a green, but no black in stock

Me: Could you order one for me?

S:They dont make Tacoma anymore.......""""silence for few secs""""......let me check.....

After 2 mins

Me:What did you mean they dont make Tacomas anymore?

S: "n...................m............................ .............mm................nn................. ......"

Me:Hey,tell me the truth. Is there a new model coming out? I dont want to buy a new car and next month my new car become an old one.

S: Well.......I dont have any info about that,but I am sure they will not change the model in one month.(WTH......)

Me:Then why they dont make Tacomas anymore?

S: ..................en.........well...........they dont make 4X4 but still making others....

I dont know if the info he gave me is correct, but I did the research and nothing about 2010 Tacos. Any thoughts?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
1 bad tacoma is on a distinguished road

1 bad tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDe92bmw335i View Post
Hi there

Love Tacoma so much, but the Toyota in my country suck, They dont inport Tacos.

I have been shopping around for a while, trying to find the best deal in town for 09 DC 4X4. S-bed. Anyway, today I got a call from a sales, I told him I will need a 09 has the production date in 09(Tax issue). He check the computer and this is our conversation

S:I got a white and a green, but no black in stock

Me: Could you order one for me?

S:They dont make Tacoma anymore.......""""silence for few secs""""......let me check.....

After 2 mins

Me:What did you mean they dont make Tacomas anymore?

S: "No answer"

Me:Hey,tell me the truth. Is there a new model coming out? I dont want to buy a new car and next month my new car become an old one.

S: Well.......I dont have any info about that,but I am sure they will not change the model in one month.(WTH......)

Me:Then why they dont make Tacomas any more?

S: ..................en.........well...........they dont make 4X4 but still making others....

I dont know if the info he gave me is correct, but I did the research and nothing about 2010 Tacos. Any thoughts?
he is full of it. i don't see toyota ever stop making the Tacoma
Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma Tundra Camry FJ and 4Runner are probably their biggest successors unlike the BIG 3 ( or now called the BIG bailout 3)
Old 01-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
charles leandro will become famous soon enough
charles leandro's Tacoma Gallery
tocoma history

just go to toyota.com look at modal history watch vidio good luck.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the guy is really hard up for a sale on what he had in stock. With the economy the way it is, he has probably not had a sale in months! Tacoma's are like fine wine. They get better with age!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #6
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Your salesman doesn't know what he is talking about...find another one!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
I really want to make sure they wont change Tacoma to Hilux........Since I will buy the car in few days.

by the way, can someone who just got a new 09 Tacoma share the deal you got?
I am in LA, the deal I got is about 10%off MSRP+ fees
Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
they are doing some shut downs ( NOT PERM just a few weeks.)
to work on clearing out the inventory at the lots but will fire up and go into production. so no big thing

not layoffs, those factory people are being assigned to other jobs and training
This is what I hope, but my sales sounds like there is a new model coming out
Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #9
ghostboy808 is on a distinguished road
ghostboy808's Tacoma Gallery
There's always going to be a new model coming out right around the corner, they usually wheel the new one out right after you buy the old one.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #11
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
they are doing some shut downs ( NOT PERM just a few weeks.)
to work on clearing out the inventory at the lots but will fire up and go into production. so no big thing

not layoffs, those factory people are being assigned to other jobs and training
Sounds like what they did with the Tundra plant last year. It was shut down for some time while the gas prices were ridiculous and no one was buying big trucks with V8's, it's probably just Toyota reacting to the supply/demand. The will never get rid of such a popular model, it's really the standard in which mid (they're not mini right?) size trucks are made.

Rob
Old 01-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDe92bmw335i View Post
I really want to make sure they wont change Tacoma to Hilux........Since I will buy the car in few days.

by the way, can someone who just got a new 09 Tacoma share the deal you got?
I am in LA, the deal I got is about 10%off MSRP+ fees
Sounds about right for my deal, I also got the alarm by accident because the one I wanted didn't come in and they had the exact same one with the model but with alarm so they just did the right thing (after trying to get me to pay for it, ha ha ha). They also gave me a little more for my trade in, not much but more than it was blue booked at. The price alone should tell you that Toyota is not absolutely going to devalue their trucks/cars. Have you seen how cheap Ford's are now days??? It's almost buy one get one free...

Rob
Old 01-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #14
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it's what others have said with the production.

I know when I ordered my 05 way back when my dealer gave me the rundown on why it took so long. They will only make so many of a particular body style and 4x4 or 4x2 during any given production run. If you're like me you're wanting something specific. I had to wait for the production run to come around for my truck. Even then the dealer had to do what's called "preferencing" the truck for their dealership. If the dealership has enough pull they can pretty much get what they want off the assembly line. So the dealer doesn't actually place an order with the factory due to production runs but instead basically tells the factory that when model xyz with features abc comes down the line they want it for their lot. The factory makes so many of these and sends them out to the stronger dealerships first. I had a really cool fleet manager to work with who gave me the production run schedules and contacted me every week or two via email with status updates. She even called me the day the truck showed up on her lot.. literally it hadn't even been unloaded off the carrier yet.

With production cuts and such the dealers are less likely to be able to preference a truck for their lot and are more than likely going to have to find one on someone elses lot and "trade" with them to get what you want. Most dealers aren't likely to do that these days and usually have to have an established relationship with other dealers in the area to do so.

Bottom line.. if you want something specific.. find a larger big volume dealer that's likely to have good relationships with other Toyota dealers around. They'll have more power to get exactly what you want.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #15
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota has sold 15K to 20K Tacoma's a month since the redesign, they wouldn't do away with such a great selling vehicle.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
if they do my tacoma used car price should go up cause its the last year of the best car in the world.. and by car i mean truck
Old 01-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #17
blake2035 is on a distinguished road
blake2035's Tacoma Gallery
It's nonsense, like someone said the guy is trying to get you to buy the truck, if Toyota does anything they are going to redesigh/remodel the Tacoma just like they did with the 2nd gen. But you can't go wrong with a Tacoma no matter when you buy it so keep that in mind....good luck
Old 01-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #18
CRFan1 is on a distinguished road
CRFan1's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, both Nissan and Toyota halted production on trucks until the current inventory starts moving....they have yards full of 09 but the dealers are not ordering tons of them until they get rid of what they have.

I wanted to oirder an 09 but my dealer was honest and said due to the current shutdown, etc. he was noty sure when it would come in...l.it could be 6 weeks or 6 months. So I went with a new 08 and got 5 grand off, lol
Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #19
blake2035 is on a distinguished road
blake2035's Tacoma Gallery
How much did you pay

CRFAN1 if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for that 08 truck, i got mine back in september when they had a 2500 rebate on new 08s and i got mine down to 21350 before tax title and all that other nonsense, so out the door i was around 22400. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #20
CRFan1 is on a distinguished road
CRFan1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2035 View Post
CRFAN1 if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for that 08 truck, i got mine back in september when they had a 2500 rebate on new 08s and i got mine down to 21350 before tax title and all that other nonsense, so out the door i was around 22400. Thanks.
Well...I bought an 08 DC SB with the TRD Rugged trail package and 6cd (silver with black fender wells and the black sport rims). It listed for$27,200 and I got it out the door with the Tube steps and bed extender, taxes (7%), title, license, etc. for $24,300. so I paid somewhere around $22,600 for the truck with the accessories.