I have a 2005 double cab with a V6-Auto with K&N AF that has approximately 90k miles. Generally, I love this truck. My biggest complaint is a rough idle (sound and a slight vibration) when I am at a stop, which is frequent in rush hour.
This is the situation. When the truck is in Park, the engine idles perfectly. No sound or vibration. When the truck is in Drive and I'm stopped, the engine idles roughly which includes sound and a slight vibration. The engine RPM is slightly lower than in Park (which I would expect). If I just barely press on the gas (while the other foot is on the brake) the rough idle disappears. When I begin moving the sound and vibration is usually present until about 15-20 mph. The rough idle occurs nearly 95% of the time, the other 5% is beautiful silence!
I know without seeing/hearing the idle in real life this is a stretch but would appreciate any ideas to start trouble shooting. Thanks!