Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

" Need help deciding on a rack!"

Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
alo is on a distinguished road
alo's Tacoma Gallery
" Need help deciding on a rack!"

Hey guys/ girls! I have a '07 Taco trd with a large snugtop shell. I will be purchasing a canoe this Xmas for my girl friend but will need to find the best way to transport it around. My cab nor my shell have any type of rack and I was wondering if anyone out here has a canoe as well as a shell and what type of system they have. The canoe is about 15'6'' Thank a lot!
Attached Thumbnails
" Need help deciding on a rack!"-img_0598.jpg   " Need help deciding on a rack!"-canoe.jpg  
Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
I haul kayaks on my Thule roof racks and my buddy hauls em on his thule bed racks. I have a short bed thats why i went with roof racks but he has a long bed so bed racks work better for him. You could do a rack on the roof and a rack on the shell since the canoe is heavier than kayks.
Ive seen it done before
Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
MRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bucky
MRJ's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a couple ww boats- a 15'6" Merganser and a 12' Mad River Outrage. My snugtop has the Thule rack. Too much rocker to use just bars on the canopy so I've got a 3rd bar that mounts in the cab doors.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like you have a 6' box. If I was you I would get a rack for your snug top. I transport 16.6-17' long canoes on this and it works great:
Thule xsporter on the bed with a Yakima bar at the cab front.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
lakenorcan is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
lakenorcan's Tacoma Gallery
keep me posted. i'm in the same situation. access cab long bed with cap and need something to mount on my cap for yak and or canoe.