Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Plasti-Dipping Grill

Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Plasti-Dipping Grill

I was wondering what you guys think.... I want to plasti-derp my grill, but idk if i should just do the outter part, or the entire grill...including the middle part that holds the toyota logo.....thoughts?
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
DolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really nice

DolphinJohn's Tacoma Gallery
Take out the emblem, tape off the middle, and spray the outside.

Spray the emblem separately.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
When ripping the tape off, should I do it while the dip is still wet? I know it becomes rubberized
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
I always peel the tape after paint has dried for maybe an hour. Don't wanna wait too long or it will be a bitch to do, and too early can mess your edges up. At least that is what I do and have had no problems. I pull the tape at a moderate speed, not too slow or too quick.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
SoCal909 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
SoCal909's Tacoma Gallery
i would say just do the outer part i did just the outer part first then re-did it and did the middle too cuz i thought it would match better it doesnt look bad i just wish i would have left it