Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Please help identify Clunk, Pop Click...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #41
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
I found it!! I was installing my hitch today and wile I had my jack out I figured I'd jack up the truck and look, we'll to my surprise, since the leaf pack was not compressed I could look down farther, toward the middle of the pack I saw 2 quarter sized scuff marks where the paint looked to be worn away, took some double sided tape put it on that spot temporarily and guess what... No more clunk. Both sides driver and passenger had the same scuff in the same spot. So I just went to Walmart and picked up some felt pads for the bottom of furniture and I will be putting them in the spots I put the double sided tape. I had figured it might of been the leaf pack so I put tubbing in between but apparently in the wrong spots, if I never had jacked the truck up I would have never saw the marking. Thanks for everyone's help. I'm just glad it was something simple and stupid, pretty sad this is a common issue and the dealer was to stupid to check that. Orwell hope I never have to bring it to them again.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #42
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
How about a bad cat? They can resonate like a tin can with marbles when they are bad internally.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #44
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you found it!

Products Discussed in this Thread