Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

6'+ tall drivers

Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
whiteknight24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
whiteknight24's Tacoma Gallery
Question 6'+ tall drivers

Anyone out there over 6' tall driving a tacoma? I know sounds like a dumb question but im about 6'3-6'4 ish and im just curious to see if anyone else tall like me is driving a tacoma and is comfortable in it. Just curious because im looking to get a tacoma once i get rid of my gmc 1500. Wondering how the room inside compares, even though i know the tacoma is not a full size.
Thanks
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'3 and am perfectly comfortable in the '05, even on long road trips.

I'll never ride in my backseat, but I had a buddy in high school who was 6'5 and rode back there everyday and never complained. Not quite sure how he did it, but he was a skinny dude so I'm sure that helped alot,.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future

Army: Medic / Hangover fixer
Name: Richie
68Whiskey's Tacoma Gallery
One of the guys I work with is 6'7 and like 260lbs ...he loves his 2010 black access cab
Old 12-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
I am about 6'2. Its certainly comfy. However, the rear view mirror is way to low. I ordered a bracket that raises it up as high as it can go. It is still in my normal field of vision. Because of this I find that I am hunching down to see under it. On longer trips this causes a lot of back pain for me. I don't have this problem in my Tahoe.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight24 View Post
Anyone out there over 6' tall driving a tacoma? I know sounds like a dumb question but im about 6'3-6'4 ish and im just curious to see if anyone else tall like me is driving a tacoma and is comfortable in it. Just curious because im looking to get a tacoma once i get rid of my gmc 1500. Wondering how the room inside compares, even though i know the tacoma is not a full size.
Thanks
I'm 6'4" and on my 6th Tacoma. One regular cab, three extra cabs, and two DC's....Did not fit too well in the regular cab but EC's and DC's are comfortable for me...2012 has been the most comfortable. I even had an electric sunroof installed and still enough headroom
Old 12-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
my 6'4" self is very content in my double cab. . . my first impression of the tacoma (seating wise) when i test drove it was how low the seat was to the floor. compared to my jeep at the time that is. however you get used to it.

my 7ft tall roommate drives an extended cab first gen lol. it's always funny to see him unfold out of that thing.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
whiteknight24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
whiteknight24's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome, just what i wanted to hear thanks! Yeah im looking for a 05 accescab or double cab prerunner, so thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Beers is on a distinguished road
Beers's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'2" driving a manual '12. I don't have to have the seat all the way back to the last stop to be comfortable. That has been a pretty rare experience for me. I do agree that the mirror is set too low. Seems to be a theme in the newer cars now days though.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'2 and drive a 2500 silverado 4 or 5 days a week at work and would rather ride or drive in any seat of the taxi than any of the chevrogay.
Made an 11 hour trip last Oct to nc with two other guys we swapped up driving and I never got cramped up, the other two guys napped a good bit on the trip, I didn't but I got ADD and if somethin is moving Im watchin
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #10
bc12 is on a distinguished road
bc12's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'2"... The Double Cab is very comfortable.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
6'2 with a 1gen extra cab. ya i wish i had a little more room but it doesnt get uncomfortable and 2gen seem to be more spaciouse
Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
6'3 195 here.

I'm all legs and arms, fit fine.

That rear view mirror does hang a little low tho...
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
6'4 225lbs and this is my 3rd 2nd gen Tacoma. I fit just fine. On long drives my leg falls a sleep on me if I don't use cruise control. No big deal.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
6'3 195 here.

TW user: ImMrYo can solve your problem. His mirror riser brackets are the bomb!!

I'm 6'6" 200LB. The leg room is great. My only complaint is the steering wheel doesn't telescope far enough.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
6'3 195 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
TW user: ImMrYo can solve your problem. His mirror riser brackets are the bomb!!

I'm 6'6" 200LB. The leg room is great. My only complaint is the steering wheel doesn't telescope far enough.
funny you mention that about the mirror. two of my friends drove my truck the other day and that's the first thing they started complaining about. . with the seat as low as it is, ive never noticed the mirror being too low or in the way.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
gotta be honest with y'all...

if I was 6'+ I probably would drive a larger truck.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
funny you mention that about the mirror. two of my friends drove my truck the other day and that's the first thing they started complaining about. . with the seat as low as it is, ive never noticed the mirror being too low or in the way.
I didn't realize the blind spot until I nearly took out a car at a 4 way stop.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #18
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
gotta be honest with y'all...

if I was 6'+ I probably would drive a larger truck.
i really wouldn't be any more comfortable. i've spent my fair share of time behind the wheel of f150's and silvarado's, and comfort wise they're the same as my tacoma.

i lean back a little and my seat still has plenty slide left before it's all the way back.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
I didn't realize the blind spot until I nearly took out a car at a 4 way stop.
well damn. yeah i can see where that would be an issue
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
i really wouldn't be any more comfortable. i've spent my fair share of time behind the wheel of f150's and silvarado's, and comfort wise they're the same as my tacoma.

i lean back a little and my seat still has plenty slide left before it's all the way back.
I used to drive full size chevys (and a few fords) until they got too large lately.