Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Custom Ski Rack Brackets

Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #41
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
Here is the redesign:

Now we have slots that run the length of the bracket, so virtually anything can be bolted to it.

If you take those 2 "ears" at each end and bend them down 90* then extend the length to compensate for the bends you could mount right to the bed rail leaving the tie down brackets for other things.

Just a thought. I never really liked using the cleats to mount things because they seem weak.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #42
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
swa ?
What does that mean?

I also got cap. It still looks like an awesome product.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #43
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
I'm not a fan of roof racks, and I wanted a way to keep my ski's secure in the bed, so I whipped up these little beauties.

The brackets utilize the factory cleat system. They were cut from stainless steel on a CNC plasma table.

The racks themselves are from Thule. I bought them on eBay for $40, used.
After almost a month of using these babies, I can say that they are awesome!!

Solid as a rock. My ski's never move, unless they're on the hill
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #44
OhYeah is on a distinguished road
OhYeah's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested too!! what kind of snowboard racks would these fit? Also, would these fit something like a thule roof box next to a snowboard rack?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #46
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLynch View Post
What does that mean?

I also got cap. It still looks like an awesome product.
swa ?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #47
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is a race against a cap for me. Cap in before this, but no need. No cap and I will need. Sucks just having snowboards in bed of truck. Can't go or stop any where.
I made a pair similar to fit with my cap. Keeps all the other gear back there so much more organized under or on the boards.

This is the crossbar in the back (near the tailgate); swings open to clamp and lock the boards down. The other one doesn't swing open so you can put everything in without even dropping the tailgate.

Just to show that this method can work with a cap. Really nice design OP!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #48
OhYeah is on a distinguished road
OhYeah's Tacoma Gallery
that looks really good too WYOTAC! I need something that I can put on and take off easily and can leave the truck for a bit and grab a bite without feeling uneasy about someone taking my board.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #49
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post
I made a pair similar to fit with my cap. Keeps all the other gear back there so much more organized under or on the boards.

This is the crossbar in the back (near the tailgate); swings open to clamp and lock the boards down. The other one doesn't swing open so you can put everything in without even dropping the tailgate.

That is a great way to run it. I am interested in the clamps you have. Manufactured or purchased? I typically take all the gear and another vehicle takes the people. Would love to know where to find. OP is this something that you can make if it was a one off for WOYTEC. Thanks

Charlie
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #50
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This is an awesome set-up! I would definitely be interested in getting something like this. Great job!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #51
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhYeah View Post
that looks really good too WYOTAC! I need something that I can put on and take off easily and can leave the truck for a bit and grab a bite without feeling uneasy about someone taking my board.
Quote:
That is a great way to run it. I am interested in the clamps you have. Manufactured or purchased? I typically take all the gear and another vehicle takes the people. Would love to know where to find. OP is this something that you can make if it was a one off for WOYTEC. Thanks

Charlie
Thanks for the compliments guys... these things are very handy.

OhYeah: I made these to attach to the bed rails and I have just used a 1/4" shank padlock to lock the swinging arm down. It gives peace of mind knowing that all my gear is secure.

CLynch: These are just something I came up with last season after going on a big ski trip with multiple people and I was the gear hauler.. haha. I just used 1x1 square steel tube and 1x1/8 steel strap for the bars and then the 1" strips of weather seal foam stuff that you get at any hardware store.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #52
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhYeah View Post
I'm interested too!! what kind of snowboard racks would these fit? Also, would these fit something like a thule roof box next to a snowboard rack?
It can fit anything that mounts with bolts, basically.

Production is starting soon.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #53
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
flyerdrew21 is on a distinguished road
flyerdrew21's Tacoma Gallery
INNO RT102

I already had the Thule rack and bars, so the INNO RT102 setup worked really well for me. Props to the OP on your design- as I wrote earlier, I'd be in for yours if I didn't have the bars already.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #54
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Are you still selling these. Showed a chick a work, this design. She is interested for dragging her kids to slopes.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #55
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post

Nice work!

Have been wanting to make a ski rack for a while now...

Probably going to copy this design
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #56
AstroReutz is on a distinguished road
AstroReutz's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome design! Sub'd for interest, if you're selling...I've been locking for a way to keep my snowboard and friends' skis off the roof.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #57
Quote:
Are you still selling these. Showed a chick a work, this design. She is interested for dragging her kids to slopes.
Everything is in the works. I'm still waiting for material pricing.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #58
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Could you send a pm when you're ready our about to ship. Only about 5 weeks left in NY. She will prolly forget until next year. I think she may be a member now since I showed her this.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #59
Quote:
Could you send a pm when you're ready our about to ship. Only about 5 weeks left in NY. She will prolly forget until next year. I think she may be a member now since I showed her this.
Will do.

The good thing is, these can be used all year round for other stuff (bikes mostly).