Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Custom Ski Rack Brackets

Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #61
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiostaco View Post
That's really cool, im interested depending on price I would very likely pick up a pair
I placed the material order this morning. Parts should be fabricated next week, then powder coating, then they're ready for shipment.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #62
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Here is the first batch!!

Now I just need to get them home, knock the burrs off, and have them powder coated.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #63
The bed brackets are finally ready. They've been sprayed with a textured black powder coat, and they look great.

Price is $45 each, plus $10 for shipping within the USA. Shipping can be combined.

All mounting hardware is included.

PM me if you're interested.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
When you say "price is $45 each..." is that for a pair? Great product by the way.
They will be sold in singles, so $45 each, or $90 per pair.

Lot's of people will use them for bike mounts, so I wanted to offer the option of selling just one.

All you would have to do is bolt one or more of these on, and you have a perfect bike mount.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #66
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

May pick up a set down the road...
Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdimaiolo View Post
I would also be in for 2 as well. Design looks great. I have a 2010 double cab 4x4 and looking for a solution for mounting a ski rack (and additional bike mounts as well). Let me know if you have a final price yet!

Thanks,
Jim
And the first set is on it's way to you my friend!!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #68
nilster is on a distinguished road
Name: Nils
nilster's Tacoma Gallery
Will Ski Box clamps be able to get a good grip aroujnd the bar?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #69
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Nice product! I would offer these in the 2nd gen for sale section if you haven't done so already.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
Nice product! I would offer these in the 2nd gen for sale section if you haven't done so already.
That's a great idea, and I will for sure when I get better photographs.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilster View Post
I can't be sure, because I don't know what the dimensional requirements of the clamps are, but they look like they will.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #72
omac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant future

Name: Marqus
omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Looks great!!! U have pictures of finished product, powdercoated already? Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #73
Quote:
Originally Posted by omac5 View Post
Sub'd. Looks great!!! U have pictures of finished product, powdercoated already? Thanks
Yep. They're all ready to go!!!

Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #74
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
Yep. They're all ready to go!!!

Those look good! I might get one just to get one
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #75
I'm sure more uses for these brackets will pop up as people use them.

For now, ski's and bikes seem to make the most sense.

I'm sure somebody will figure out a way to make them hold a kayak or a canoe.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #76
outxider is a jewel in the roughoutxider is a jewel in the roughoutxider is a jewel in the rough

Name: Sang
outxider's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking the samething! I have the Thule snowboard rack that mounts to round/oval factory bars and would very much prefer to use these bars to have them mounted to the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilster View Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by outxider View Post
Thinking the samething! I have the Thule snowboard rack that mounts to round/oval factory bars and would very much prefer to use these bars to have them mounted to the bed.
I'm pretty sure they will.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #78
I'm in the process of designing an aluminum diamond plate box that is specifically for skis.

It will attach to my bed brackets, hold four pairs of skis, have a locking feature, and nitrogen cylinders to lift the lid.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #79
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
I'm in the process of designing an aluminum diamond plate box that is specifically for skis.

It will attach to my bed brackets, hold four pairs of skis, have a locking feature, and nitrogen cylinders to lift the lid.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #80
jaymac10 is just really nicejaymac10 is just really nicejaymac10 is just really nicejaymac10 is just really nice

jaymac10's Tacoma Gallery
These bars are very cool! I'm tempted to buy a pair.

But, and this may be a dumb question, why not just throw your skis and/or boards in the bed with some bungie cords to hold them down?

All this seems like a lot of stuff to have to use/store just to move some skis??