1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to do a 3" Lift, have a few questions.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tpblanke, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Dec 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    tpblanke

tpblanke [OP] Member

Member:
    EDIT: Accidentally double posted this. Mod can delete this, as it is more suited for suspension forum.

Looking at 3" lift and leveling. Was going to go ahead and get the lift out of the way before ordering wheels/tires.

Was looking at OME 885 pre-assembled on bilstein 5100's up front with an AAL pack for the back.

Truck is a 2013 DCSB OR.

1) What AAL should I be looking at if I want the truck level with 5100s@1.75 with the 885s
    2) Should I go ahead and get the 886s if I plan on a heavier bumper down the road? If so, should I run the 5100s@.85 instead?
    3) With the 885s giving 1.75 and the 5100s@1.75, that is 3.5" of lift in the front; will I be needing to do any other front end modifications to prevent issues? I've heard I'll need UCAs but I've also heard that I won't.
    4) Am I going about this the wrong way? I've been researching all of this but it is my first time lifting a vehicle and I'd like to make sure it goes smoothly. My budget is rather tight at the moment, and I feel like this is my most cost-effective option at the moment, I just don't want it to cause problems.

Thanks a ton for the help guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top