Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what fuel should i use????

Old 12-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #1
TOYOTAPR is on a distinguished road

TOYOTAPR's Tacoma Gallery
what fuel should i use????

I have a 2013 4.0l V6 PreRunner SR5 and the ? is what fuel should i use 87 or 93?
Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm....so many possible ways to answer this. I could be a jerk and flame you for asking a question that has a thread that's probably a thousand and 1 pages long, or I could recommend using something like E85 or diesel fuel. I guess I'll just say this, use what you want and that's that.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
i have found out that running the lower grade gas over time seems to eventually give you a ticking noise... not sure why but i personally run either 93 or ethonal free gas when i can find it! but like kingston said its personal opinion..
Old 12-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, that's a good point that I forgot about because I don't have a choice, but if you live in a part of the country where you have a choice between ethonal gas and non-ethanol go for the pure stuff every time.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
Don't be a dick
ARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTAPR View Post
I have a 2013 4.0l V6 PreRunner SR5 and the ? is what fuel should i use 87 or 93?
Been using 87 in my little 3.4L with no issues. Been adding FP60 Plus every fill up for the last 8 years. A gallon lasts me 6-8 months.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
bozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud of
Firefighter: wildland firefighter
bozotaco's Tacoma Gallery
I run 85 or 87 depending on the state, per the recommendation of the best Toyota mechanic I have ever known. Also not sure if its a huge difference, but I use non-ethanol treated gas. You can find gas stations that have non-ethanol gas at realgas.org.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
edm3rd will become famous soon enoughedm3rd will become famous soon enough
Name: Duke
edm3rd's Tacoma Gallery
what fuel

A much better source of ethanol-free stations is www.pure-gas.org

Arranged by state/city.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone knows the higher the octane, the higher the mpg.
This topic has tons of threads.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
unleaded at least 87 it's in the manual.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
MrTacoma is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter
MrTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It's pick size it gets what it gets...just use what ever your manual says don't waste ur money on a higher grade won't make a difference ..for pure gasoline idk where u find it ..I looked on that site for nj only closest one to me was like egg habor idk even know if that gas station exist any one ( due to sandy) lol
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
you could do your own tests and see what gets you best mpg vs price. i personally use cheveron all the time. either 87 or 91 octane. just depends on the price. you can't tell the difference, but it might show in the mpg's.