Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech Floor liners DO NOT fit 2007...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
jens blue taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jennifer
jens blue taco's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy WeatherTech Floor liners DO NOT fit 2007...

Received my WeatherTech floor liners (from WeatherTech themselves!) and was sad when all did not fit as snug as proposed!
When we called and spoke with a technician he stated that the floor liners were a perfect fit for all 05-07 Tacomas, even though the invoice and box indicated "will fit 05-06 Tacoma". I know that this year range is true for many aspects of our mods, but these floor liners DID NOT FIT as pictured/promised. My husband, whom builds race cars-but right now a monster truck-explained to the technician that the moldings in the liner were slightly off...blah, blah, blah(insert technical lingo)...unfortunately we have to send them back.
SO, I was wondering if any 2007 Tacoma owners purchased WeatherTech Floor Liner and had success?! Perhaps I got a dud.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
Snickrz is on a distinguished road
Snickrz's Tacoma Gallery
I have had really good luck with Catch-All. They are not cheap, but give a very stock appearance while the molded sides catch and keep dirt, mud, water ect off the carpets. Clean up easy with just a hose!

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/64A1455A0A0.aspx
Old 08-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #3
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Living in buffalo ny salt kills autos and carpets. My 03 silverado has had catchalls and the carpets are still brand new, truck still has a new auto smell. I purchased the same for my tacoma. The dealer is shocked every time im there picking up parts for it or my g/f's car. There amazed at how well they work.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jens blue taco View Post
SO, I was wondering if any 2007 Tacoma owners purchased WeatherTech Floor Liner and had success?! Perhaps I got a dud.
I purchased the HUSKYLINERs and have used them before, I have a 07 Tacoma dbl cab and they fit perferct!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Husky Liners in my Taco and the Nifty Catch-Alls in my wifes Honda Pilot. Both do their job great and they cover the dead pedal on both which I love. I don't believe, however, that the WeatherTech ones do that... or do they? Anyhoo, I highly recommed the Catch-All match as they are carpeted and molded to fit every curve of the floor.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Anyhoo, I highly recommed the Catch-All match as they are carpeted and molded to fit every curve of the floor.
The husky you just pull out, dump out and wash off with a water hose and sponge and looks new again, no carpet to stain. On the other hand matching carpet would look sweet.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
The husky you just pull out, dump out and wash off with a water hose and sponge and looks new again, no carpet to stain. On the other hand matching carpet would look sweet.
No doubt, that's what I do, but the wife wanted a more "luxurious" feel than what the Husky Liners had to offer
Old 08-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #8
Snickrz is on a distinguished road
Snickrz's Tacoma Gallery
My Catch-All's in my 4Runner went 45,000 miles and the carpet never looked stained or worn. The stock mats in my Tundra look like hell after 50,000 (at least the drivers side). I found that it was just as easy to clean the Catch-All's as it was for my friends to clean thier Huskys. The only difference is that mine were carpeted and color matched and looked very stock, where there's were rubbery and work-trucks looking.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #9
irvinec32 is on a distinguished road
irvinec32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jens blue taco View Post
Received my WeatherTech floor liners (from WeatherTech themselves!) and was sad when all did not fit as snug as proposed!
When we called and spoke with a technician he stated that the floor liners were a perfect fit for all 05-07 Tacomas, even though the invoice and box indicated "will fit 05-06 Tacoma". I know that this year range is true for many aspects of our mods, but these floor liners DID NOT FIT as pictured/promised. My husband, whom builds race cars-but right now a monster truck-explained to the technician that the moldings in the liner were slightly off...blah, blah, blah(insert technical lingo)...unfortunately we have to send them back.

i got an 07 and weathertechs, they seem to fit fine for me. i will post pix later.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #10
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
You got a dud babe. Mine fit my 07 like custom made laser cut underpants. Very comfortable.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #11
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaster View Post
You got a dud babe. Mine fit my 07 like custom made laser cut underpants. Very comfortable.
Laser cut underpants???? This phrase I am going to have to consider for a while.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
Laser cut underpants???? This phrase I am going to have to consider for a while.
You have quietly turned into a sh!t disturber, Maverick. BTW, they are very comfortable. They are cooler than that brake controller you installed.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #13
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You have quietly turned into a sh!t disturber, Maverick. BTW, they are very comfortable. They are cooler than that brake controller you installed.
I don't do anything quietly.

I hope that sh!t disturber is one of those Canadian terms of endearment.

Where can I get a pair of laser cut underpants. I shall have to try this out.

BTW, since we are off topic anyway, how did your brake controller install go?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #14
Born to Ride

Quote:
I don't do anything quietly.
Glad you are not my neighbour. I get to save that last bullet a little longer.

Quote:
I hope that sh!t disturber is one of those Canadian terms of endearment.
Sometimes yes, but its a proctologist's worst nightmare.

Quote:
Where can I get a pair of laser cut underpants. I shall have to try this out.
Its as expensive as getting a divorce. It'll cost you about half of your current assets. Let me know when you are ready.

Quote:
BTW, since we are off topic anyway, how did your brake controller install go?
I got the controller and plan to install in during the winter when things are slow.

Our moderator seems to have dozed off may be even passed out. Let misbehave.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #15
caglezxj is on a distinguished road
caglezxj's Tacoma Gallery
I have the weather tech and they are great. They fit snug and really like that you can use the factory floor clips. I need to purchase the vent shades as well.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #16
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Our moderator seems to have dozed off may be even passed out. Let misbehave.

... what? Huh? I was paying attention. I swear! You kids behave!

Jen,

Are they sending you a replacement set, or are they refunding your money?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
irvinec32 is on a distinguished road
irvinec32's Tacoma Gallery
pix as promised

pix as promised
Attached Thumbnails
WeatherTech Floor liners DO NOT fit 2007...-img_0113.jpg   WeatherTech Floor liners DO NOT fit 2007...-img_0114.jpg  
Old 08-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
jens blue taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jennifer
jens blue taco's Tacoma Gallery
They are refunding me my money. I thought about having them send me another set...but after the attitude we received from their "engineer" we decided to spend our money elsewhere.

Irvinec32, if I could figure out how to post pic within a forum I would show you how the driver's floor liner bowed up in the middle...as if it were too long from peddles to seat brackets.

It is all good...Resolve carpet cleaner works wonders, LOL
Old 08-20-2007, 07:40 AM   #19
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
All i know is i got a set of free all weather mats with my truck. They're black, rubber and say "Tacoma" on them, so i'm happy. easy to clean, they match my paint, oh and did i mention they were free? cant beat that

BTW, Maverick, stop being such a sh!t disturber
Old 08-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #20
Towing Guru

Quote:
Its as expensive as getting a divorce. It'll cost you about half of your current assets. Let me know when you are ready.
I got one of those several years ago, so half my current assets is about $1.98, so if I can get custom laser cut underpants for that price then I am ready now. If you mean half the assets I had back then... I guess I'll have to just keep buying regular underpants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
All i know is i got a set of free all weather mats with my truck. They're black, rubber and say "Tacoma" on them, so i'm happy. easy to clean, they match my paint, oh and did i mention they were free? cant beat that

BTW, Maverick, stop being such a sh!t disturber
Can't beat free, I'll have to second that.

I really don't try to be a sh!t disturber, it just sort of happens

Products Discussed in this Thread