Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Tacoma - TRD Sport or TRD OR?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #21
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my 2013 DCSB TRD Sport 4WD.

I love the better on-road ride that the Sport Tuned Bilsteins give over the TRD OR's setup.

JBL also sounds great, as others have said.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #22
StormTrooperTaco has a spectacular aura aboutStormTrooperTaco has a spectacular aura about
StormTrooperTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't recommend buying a new truck and destroying it off-road. I would recommend a used cheaper truck for that purpose.

But if you are wanting to get into off-roading as you say you do, then the OFFROAD is the one to choose, not much debate here. You can always add lockers but you can't add A-TRACK.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
don't forget the skewp
Old 12-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperTaco View Post
I don't recommend buying a new truck and destroying it off-road. I would recommend a used cheaper truck for that purpose.

But if you are wanting to get into off-roading as you say you do, then the OFFROAD is the one to choose, not much debate here. You can always add lockers but you can't add A-TRACK.
*ATRAC

OP , is the 5' bed vs a 6' bed an issue for you ? It was for me
Old 12-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #25
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
Isn't the sport no more for 2013?
That's the Sport " Upgrade " package
Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #26
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Nice thread!

SR5 or Base if you don't want extras from the factory

Sport if sporty looks are important, from the factory

Off Road if traction is important, from the factory

Only the Off Road comes with a locking differential

Only the 4WD Off Road comes with A-TRAC and the hydraulic brake booster which makes four wheel tire rotation matching possible (other than adding a locker to the front).

Any Tacoma is great... and it is all about what you want the truck to either look like (Sport) or do (Off Road)! Best of luck with your choice!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #28
dsrtne1 will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
dsrtne1's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the sport because it looks so much cleaner with all the color matched parts and my truck stays on pavement 99% of the time. Mine is 2wd anyways. I like the 17" rims better than the OR 16s also. Negotiate with them on the financing because they have room to work on the rates.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #29
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperTaco View Post

I have no intentions in doing anything in that truck that will even scratch the thing. Heck, I have no desire to even get the truck in mud - I'm thinking some trails and smallish rock climbs.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #31
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
I recently picked up an AccessCab and for me the choice between Off-Road and Sport was a no brainer, but that's just me.

Like you, I have a Subaru and have grown quite fond of the hood scoop, but I couldn't deal with a hood scoop on a car that doesn't have any functional purpose for it. I always felt if I did a FMIC on my STi, I'd remove the scooped hood. It just reminds me of the stick-on hoodscoops I see on GM trucks around where I live. I also didn't like the painted rear bumper compared to chrome. For whatever reason I associate painted bumpers with street trucks.

The interiors of both models should be identical, so that's going to be a moot point. I hate to say this but I actually don't mind the base stereo in the AccessCab. I mean, it's touch screen and has Bluetooth and doesn't sound all that bad. I've got Polk components in the STi with a RF amp powering them and then a Polk 10" sub on a separate RF amp, but outside of less bass, I haven't had any real urge to improve upon the stereo.

The locker is definitely nice, and something I like having, although I honestly don't feel like I'll be using it more than 1-2x a year.

I'd be tempted to say unless you're going off-road multiple times in a year, buy whichever model looks better to you.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
I actually prefer the shorter bed (small garage).
If I was you , I would get an Offroad then , with an auto tranny
Old 12-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #33
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
* see.. a david K button comes with a off road
no offense david k... you have simplified the 4wd system to many and I personally have appreciated it.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #34
Metalhead77 is a jewel in the roughMetalhead77 is a jewel in the roughMetalhead77 is a jewel in the rough

Metalhead77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I actually prefer the shorter bed (small garage).
Then trd offload for sure. I got the sport because I wanted a long bed.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I went for the Sport because I really wanted the " for looks only " model which is why I use it for work everyday
Old 12-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #38
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What about the standard seat fabric? Will it withstand the abuse of a child and the stains they bring, or would leather be a better option?
Any feedback on this?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #39
Rizzy has a spectacular aura aboutRizzy has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeff
Rizzy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a sport and go off roading in mountains, forests, rock, desert, and snow all the time and don't have any issues. Not saying the rear locker wouldn't be nice, but a lot of off roading has to do with the skill of the driver as well as what they're driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
^ because he lives in a place with mountains and forrests.. and he wants to go offroad.. sports cant do that. LA = SPORT / CO = OFF ROAD

(joking) :-)
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #40
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
I just remember someone saying a month ago that the sport was now called the limited? Maybe that is for 2014?
the sport "upgrade" has been discontinued...the "limited" has been added.