Notices

2013 Tacoma - TRD Sport or TRD OR?

Old 12-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #62
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workman View Post
Workman thinks that both the Sport on Offroad Tacoma's make fine 4x4's. The ABS and weightless rear end make these trucks kind of shitty in the snow, like today when Workman woke up to -9F and extremely icy conditions. In 4x4, the truck does pretty good, but 2wd is really weak on the ice. Workman has driven a lot of full sized domestic pickups via work or has owned them, and the Tacoma's ABS and plastic bed make it the hardest truck to drive in extreme cold/ice conditions, in 2wd.

The offroad model with the locker option sold Workman on his Tacoma. The locker has gotten him out of very shitty situations about 4 times in the last 4 years, and therefore paid for itself, in Workman's opinion. Plus the locker is fun to play around with.

An SR5 model+ARB locker in the rear would be a pretty damn good choice as well.....
Dude WTF... The workman likes it ...
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Apa0n...%3DApa0nG1OfUc
Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #63
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Lam View Post
1.69% financing rate I got for 60 months with 0 down. Then 1 month later, I paid it off.

Out the door with tax and tags it was 34 and some change
Do you mind me asking what options you had?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #66
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
So I think I'm going to have to custom order my truck. Should it go something like this?
Call Internet sales manager, tell him I want a '13 OR with JBL and leather for $33k. See what price he has. Then drive to the dealership, ask for the same sales manager and say "I'd like to order and finance this truck today, I'm going to 3 other dealerships to compare your price, is the absolute best price you can do?" Then drive to the other dealerships and see if they can beat the price - ask about finance rates, etc... Then tell them I'd like to put $X down and that I want the College Grad rebate as well. When they order it, do I sign the finance papers at that time and put the money down, or do I just put down a deposite?
Lack of required punctuation makes this hurt to read.
Decide what you want. Price it online. See what a dealer can do for you.
In my experience they were all about the same on a truck that needed to be ordered.

Don't discuss your down payment until you get a price.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #67
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgtho View Post
Lack of required punctuation makes this hurt to read.
Decide what you want. Price it online. See what a dealer can do for you.
In my experience they were all about the same on a truck that needed to be ordered.

Don't discuss your down payment until you get a price.
How would you punctuate that?
Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #68
52motorhead is on a distinguished road

52motorhead's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried financing through Toyota? Just bought my 2013 Double cab Sport 4 days ago and got 0.9% through Toyota, my bank was 4.9%.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #69
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Hi,
I'd keep the cash in the bank (if you can keep your hands of it) and take all the cheap financing you can get. Yes you get next to nothing on interest on your savings but if you have an unforseen need you have ready access to the cash no need to take out a loan at most likely a higher rate than the vehicle loan. You can always pay extra on the loan if you want. Its also a good way to bolster your credit score by showing you are dependable over the long term making payments. Financing through the dealer sometimes gets you a better price as they get a cut on the financing. I financed both my Tacoma and Elantra Touring through the manufacturers finance at a much better rate than my bank or credit union. You can set up automatic payments or do it one line so no need to write and mail a check.

No advice on the Tacoma options. 4x4's have done nothing but get me into trouble so the PreRunner was the best choice for me.

Jim
Old 12-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #70
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
you definitely want a locker if you don't want to scrape it up

without a locker, you can creep up a trail, but when you get stuck you often
have no option but to add some speed and attack it again....this may lead to a bang
or scrape (usually anything you hit in the underside at slow speeds will be minor,
truck love scrapes actually

with a locker, when you get stuck or stopped crawling at 1mph, you hit the locker [and wiggle
the truck just enough to engage it if it doesn't engage immediately] and just add
gas and see what the rear ends does....most times you just move forward, or mostly
the butt will wiggle and find grip. far less need to hit it with speed, lessening the chance
of banging into something
Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #71
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
I can tell you that the ARB lockers I had front and rear on my Jeeps have been great, and cost a mere fraction of the OR package.

I'd tell you to go aftermarket and save all of that money - but I can understand that its nice to have everything warrantied.

It might not hurt to price out the options of the aftermarket.

Also, I owned three Subarus (One Impreza and two leggies). Car seats fit fine in mine, and it was a lot easier for small people to climb in and out of than the truck. Just offering up that option as well.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #72
LangsTRD is on a distinguished road
LangsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 13' double cab 4x4 TRD OFFROAD two weeks ago loaded with the JBL/Navigation/entune package. I love it! At first I was going to finance through my bank at a 2.9% rate but i ended up going through Toyota at a 2% and they offered a free extended warranty for financing with them. Recieved a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and the first two year of maintenance free. I normally finance everything through my bank but that was a no-brainer.

Dude, keep your cash in the bank and through the right investments you can earn more interest on it than you will be paying on the truck loan. Also by going into a dealer with cash in hand usually doesn't get you a better deal becasue the dealer is going to get there money either way. In fact the dealership recieves money from Toyota financial by gettting you to finance with them and a lot of times they will take that off the sale price in order to get the price down and make a sale. Go at the end of the month and play hard ball.

Good LUCK with your upcoming purchase..
Old 12-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #73
More bacon, please.
fallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud offallingdomino has much to be proud of

fallingdomino's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's interesting how some are saying go with the sport if you are about the looks and go with the off-road if you're looking for traction ... I think the off-road looks better than the sport (not a fan of the scoop) - so in my opinion I got the best of both worlds

But like others have said - the off-road guys lean that way and the sport guys lean their way.

Get the brochure -
http://a230.g.akamai.net/7/230/2320/...ensed_ebro.pdf

Look at the packages - decide what you like and go for it - in the end you will be getting a great truck!

Welcome to the family
Old 12-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #74
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LangsTRD View Post
I just bought a 13' double cab 4x4 TRD OFFROAD two weeks ago loaded with the JBL/Navigation/entune package. I love it! At first I was going to finance through my bank at a 2.9% rate but i ended up going through Toyota at a 2% and they offered a free extended warranty for financing with them. Recieved a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and the first two year of maintenance free. I normally finance everything through my bank but that was a no-brainer.

Dude, keep your cash in the bank and through the right investments you can earn more interest on it than you will be paying on the truck loan. Also by going into a dealer with cash in hand usually doesn't get you a better deal becasue the dealer is going to get there money either way. In fact the dealership recieves money from Toyota financial by gettting you to finance with them and a lot of times they will take that off the sale price in order to get the price down and make a sale. Go at the end of the month and play hard ball.

Good LUCK with your upcoming purchase..
Do you mind me asking what you paid for the truck?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #75
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you mind me asking what you paid for the truck?
If you've decided on a specific configuration, you might still be able to find a 2012, which may save you some money on sale price, taxes, and/or insurance. Unless one of the minor changes between MY2012 and MY2013 is important to you, it's worth considering.

WIth that in mind, I paid $30,350 out-the-door for a 2012 DCSB OR with the Tow Package. If you want, I can post a photo of the window sticker later.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #76
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
If you've decided on a specific configuration, you might still be able to find a 2012, which may save you some money on sale price, taxes, and/or insurance. Unless one of the minor changes between MY2012 and MY2013 is important to you, it's worth considering.

WIth that in mind, I paid $30,350 out-the-door for a 2012 DCSB OR with the Tow Package. If you want, I can post a photo of the window sticker later.
That would be great! I'm looking to get the TRD OR package with the JBL for $32k OTD I think (before adding leather). Plus I think I'm going to have the dealer add leather and heated seats and push for getting that done at dealer cost.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #77
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would be great! I'm looking to get the TRD OR package with the JBL for $32k OTD I think. Plus I think I'm going to have the dealer add leather and heated seats and push for getting that done at dealer cost.
trd or with entune, plus heated leather seats for 32 out the door?! after taxes title and liscence?! I doubt it. ...
I got a 13 trd double cab 4x4 with entune, auto and tow for 31k... before taxes and a ton of accessories I wanted.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #78
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would be great! I'm looking to get the TRD OR package with the JBL for $32k OTD I think. Plus I think I'm going to have the dealer add leather and heated seats and push for getting that done at dealer cost.
I'll dig it up for you.

I'll be very surprised if you can manage all of that for $32k. Dealers know they're in a strong position with Tacomas, which is why you rarely see much of a rebate, and resale value is so high. What does Edmunds think would be a fair price?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #79
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
trd or with entune, plus heated leather seats for 32 out the door?! after taxes title and liscence?! I doubt it. ...
I got a 13 trd double cab 4x4 with entune, auto and tow for 31k... before taxes and a ton of accessories I wanted.
No, I think I did a poor job communicating there. $32k before the leather/heated seats. There is a dealership here that uses "True Price" and has the TRD OR with JBL for $31,500. I'm hoping to do a bit better than that as my understanding of "True Price" is an average selling price. For as many people but these trucks closer to sticker price, I'm hoping to be on the opposite side of that bell curve below average. What price do you guys think I should be looking for before the leather seats?

So total OTD I'd like to be close to $33,500 or so.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #80
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
everyone is throwing around the out the door term.. are you guys saying you got it for that prices after tax, title, and liscence? my area is about 3k in taxes.. truck was 31k before that..
then I added a snugtop, extended warrently and toyota care (wife decision), weathertechs, roof rack, skid plate, and heated seats