LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Tacoma - TRD Sport or TRD OR?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #81
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
everyone is throwing around the out the door term.. are you guys saying you got it for that prices after tax, title, and liscence? my area is about 3k in taxes.. truck was 31k before that..
then I added a snugtop, extended warrently and toyota care (wife decision), weathertechs, roof rack, skid plate, and heated seats
I expect that my taxes will be close to $2500.

My hopes are these:
2013 TRD OR with JBL for just shy of $31k. Heated/leather seats for ~$1k. So I supposed that'd put my total around $32k so OTD for close to $35k. Looks like my first numbers were a touch off haha.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #82
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
I expect that my taxes will be close to $2500.

My hopes are these:
2013 TRD OR with JBL for just shy of $31k. Heated/leather seats for ~$1k. So I supposed that'd put my total around $32k so OTD for close to $35k. Looks like my first numbers were a touch off haha.

much more realistic.. then when you get into the finance office.. they will get you to buy some more stuff :-)
we got it because it makes my wife happy.

oh, and I think my dealer quoted 2k for the leather.. fyi
Old 12-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #83
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
much more realistic.. then when you get into the finance office.. they will get you to buy some more stuff :-)
we got it because it makes my wife happy.

oh, and I think my dealer quoted 2k for the leather.. fyi
I think the only other options I would be interested in adding are the roof rack and weather techs. If the leather is $2k I'll have a hard time justifying that... Though the leather would be for the wife (and offspring at some point).
Old 12-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #84
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roof rack is areound 300 and I forget what the weathertechs are..
Old 12-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #85
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
everyone is throwing around the out the door term.. are you guys saying you got it for that prices after tax, title, and liscence? my area is about 3k in taxes.. truck was 31k before that..
then I added a snugtop, extended warrently and toyota care (wife decision), weathertechs, roof rack, skid plate, and heated seats
Taxes and any other governmental fees vary too much for that amount to be factored into an "Out The Door" price. Add-ons are similarly irrelevant, but could be broken out to possibly allow a comparison of identically equiped vehicles. For instance, if I paid my dealer to upgrade the tires on my truck, that expense shouldn't factor into a comparison with a truck running the regular OEM tires.

To me, OTD means as far as the dealership is concerned, the OTD amount is how much was paid to them for a specific vehicle, with specific options/packages. In my case, I paid USD$30,350 for a 2012 DCSB OR with the Tow Package. I believe there was a minor convenience package included in that price, but I'd have to look at the window sticker to give specifics. If someone wanted to compare my OTD price to theirs, they'd need to match up the same details for there to be much relevance to the comparison.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #86
Horsebit

So, I've been reading pretty extensively that the Rugged Trails that come on the OR are total crap in the snow. Has anyone successfully negotiated a tire swap with a dealership? I'd like to get some DuraTracs instead of the Rugged Trails and just pay the difference (about $200). Does anyone know if a dealership is likely to do this?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #87
Bad Spuller

prob not.
I am buying duratracs and selling my BFG's on craigslist.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #89
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you expect to be able to sell them for?
You'd have a better idea by checking what similar take-offs are selling for in your area on Craigslist.

You can ask a dealer about working with you on a tire swap, but don't expect much luck with that. If they do their own tire work, you might be able to get them to agree to mounting a set for free, though.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #90
Pro Tech
SaveAHoRideATACO is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 15th Security Police Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii '91-'94
SaveAHoRideATACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'd save the $2000 you mentioned for the nav and JBL system. You could have a professional custom aftermarket install that would sound much better for that kind of money. Just my opinion...
Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #91
Horsebit

Well, made the plunge and the truck will be here in a month.

2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB 4x4 V6
JBL/Entune/Nav
Tow Package

MSRP $34,880
My price $31,435

Added the Clear Bra, Tint, Hood Protector, Roof Rack, and Theft Protection (they wouldn't take it off the price). Bringing the total to $33,098. Then used my wife's college grad rebate for $1000 off. Grand total was $32,098 + TTL. So my OTD was right at $35k.

I went to another dealership who usually has great prices and they wouldn't even match this price. The leather and heated seats added $2k, and I couldn't justify that.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #92
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck, waiting will be hard but worth it.

Looks like you can get a custom set of leather heated seats on this forum for around a grand.

Jim
Old 01-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #93
sparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the rough
Army: 42A
Name: Ben
sparkyufo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah 0% would be great!! I believe they go by credit and since its your first new vehicle purchase you might not be able to get that APR but I'm not positive on how all that works. But hopefully you can find a good deal. GL!!

First, do some homework online and you can find what the dealer invoice cost is. You should be able to negotiate to try to get it as close to this as possible. You will not get it under, but you can get it for less than sticker. Make sure that ANY option you want is on there and don't let them try to sell you something on the lot if it is not exactly what you want. You are going in with 25K so you are in control. If they say that they cannot get you want you want, then you should leave and tell them you are going to find a different dealer that wants your buisness. If you say you are going to leave and they let you go...don't go back because then they will be in control. Don't tell them how much you are going to be putting down. That should be the last thing you tell them about, AFTER you get a set price in WRITING. As far as interest is concerned, that will depend on your credit history. When you talk to them about financing, then you can let them know how much you are going to be putting down. With that size of a downpayment, there is no reason not to get a rock bottom interest rate with that much money on the table.
Build one on the Toyota website exactly how you want it and make sure you print that out. Then get on Kelly Blue Book to see what the value would be and also make sure you find the vehicle invoice price online somewhere so you know how much that truck SHOULD cost.

That is my $1.00 worth
Old 01-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #94
sparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the roughsparkyufo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Anyone?

Go with fabric. Kids are going to stain things no matter how much you try to avoid it. easier to maintain and clean the fabric vs. leather.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #95
Thumbs up

Quote:
Well, made the plunge and the truck will be here in a month.

2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB 4x4 V6
JBL/Entune/Nav
Tow Package

MSRP $34,880
My price $31,435

Added the Clear Bra, Tinit, Hood Protector, Roof Rack, and Theft Protection (they wouldn't take it off the price). Bringing the total to $33,098. Then used my wife's college grad rebate for $1000 off. Grand total was $32,908 + TTL. So my OTD was right at $35k.

I went to another dealership who usually has great prices and they wouldn't even match this price. The leather and heated seats added $2k, and I couldn't justify that.
You got a pretty good deal on the truck. Congratulations.
Welcome to Taco Land. Now lets see how long it is before you start modding it and posting pictures on here.....hahaha.

Products Discussed in this Thread