First of all, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. So, if it needs to be moved, feel free to do so mods.
Hey all! I'm looking to purchase a 2013 Taco within the next few months, and I wanted to get some opinions on which way I should go with it. I figure the best way to get some good feedback is to give you a guys a bit of information about myself and what I'm looking for. So, here we go:
I'm 25 years old, married, and currently driving an '05 Subaru WRX. A friend of mine and his wife recently got pregnant (read: surprise!), and it's had a bit of an impact on me. I want to be prepared if/when that happens, so I figure I should get something a bit more family friendly than my current full-sized go kart (plus, I've always been a truck guy). The truck I owned before my WRX was an '01 Tundra, Supercharged, on 35" tires.
Here's what I'm looking for:
- I live in CO, so 4x4 is a must.
- I'm wanting family friendly (as mentioned before), so double cab is a must.
- My wife drives an '07 4Runner Limited, and I LOVE her JBL sound system, but I'm trying to decide if the Nav and JBL is worth the extra $2k in options. I don't believe the OR comes with the JBL either, so it would be a special order that I'm afraid would damage the bargaining abilities at the stealership.
- I'd like to get back into off-roading, so naturally the OR edition appeals to me. The off-roading I will be doing will be in the mountains on some moderate trails, mostly hills and some rocks. I won't be doing anything too crazy as this will be my DD and I can't afford to break something. The truck will remain stock for quite some time likely (though I might level the front out with Bilsteins).
- I prefer the look of the TRD Sport, as I'm a fan of the color matching trim and like the scoop (fake as it may be) as well.
So my questions are primarily these:
- Is getting the OR edition with the elocker, atrac, etc... worth it when I will maybe go off-roading once a month?
- Is the JBL sound system worth it? Heck, can I even get that in the OR edition?
I can get the OR edition for about $30,500 + TTL, and the Sport edition with JBL for about $30,900 + TTL, and I'm trying to decide which is the better value for what I'm looking for. I'll be able to put about $25k down at the dealership by the time I go to purchase the truck, for what it's worth.
Thanks in advance for reading my novel and your response. Feel free to ask questions that might help with an answer!