Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Fully loaded taco for $29k

Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
uhmmmar15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Uhmmm
uhmmmar15's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Fully loaded taco for $29k

Like the title saids I have been to two toyota dealerships today I think I got a really good deal they qouted me about $29k for a 2012 last one on there lot with only 5000 miles fully loaded leather seats with nav blue tooth TRD sport and is 4X4. Anyone think that is a good deal or bad? SB quadcab
Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
SteelCityPickle's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a fair deal. It was probably a demo that one of the managers was driving around.

What kind of financing did you get? That could take a fair deal and send it in either direction pretty quickly.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be turned off at the 5k miles used up on it. Work the price down, it's worth your effort.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPickle View Post
Seems like a fair deal. It was probably a demo that one of the managers was driving around.

What kind of financing did you get? That could take a fair deal and send it in either direction pretty quickly.
Lol yes it was a demo owners old car and he got a new land cruiser!

Well see what happen was they were going to run my credit ,but showed up as no credit so we never made a deal... I need a co signer so I might go back and see if we can work something out if it is anything over 10% finance should I just walk out? Well the only thing I dont like about this truck is that it is silver I want a White TACO! Should I keep waiting until the right one comes my way or just go ahead and buy? I still have my old car and it runs fine I just want to upgrade I had this car for 4years now!

Also that 0% finance for 36months the dealership was telling me they only do it on the tundras and camrys which sucks every dealership I went to today told me that Tacoma are probably the most best selling trucks and hold there resell value! It just sucks for me because I want one I just dont want to spend too much money on one ,but I still want a nice TRD sport/or SR5 and not a Base...
Old 12-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
I'd be turned off at the 5k miles used up on it. Work the price down, it's worth your effort.
At first salesman wanted $36k I told him there's no way that truck is going for $36k fully loaded with 5000 miles then I guess he knew I wasnt dumb and started being more reasonable right when I was leaving I told him if I bring a co signer will you knock it down to $25k he said no the best price he could give me was in the high $29k
Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
the 0%/36 financing is currently available on Tacoma...any dealer who tells you otherwise you should run from.

btw, I find the price to be fair @ 29K...but if you don't want silver, don't buy it.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
if the truck is new...you must see the window sticker. it is the law.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhmmmar15 View Post
Also that 0% finance for 36months the dealership was telling me they only do it on the tundras and camrys which sucks every dealership I went to today told me that Tacoma are probably the most best selling trucks and hold there resell value!

10%? I'd see if they can do better.

If a dealer offers zero % financing for a vehicle, that doesn't mean you'll get that. You'll have to qualify for it and having no and/or bad credit leaves that option out.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Im just going to have to save up til next year and just buy it straight cash so I dont have to deal with all this finance and credit check why does buying a car have to involve so much bullshit! I wish I was a baller!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #10

To me, it sounds like you're a young guy... with no credit (?). You gotta steer yourself to a good financial credit standing by getting established with the credit companies.

Apply for a credit card and maybe an in-house credit line at a store. Buy a TV or something like that and pay the minimum balance each month untill it's paid off.... DON'T overpay each month or pay the complete balance right away.... Credit companies HATE that (except AMEX ).

Having NO credit is waaaaay better than having bad credit, so use the clean slate you've got and get established!

Use your card (RESPONSIBLY) like I suggest for 9 mos. to a year and you'll be in a much better (credit) position to buy a vehicle then.... and maybe a house in a few years.

Buy responsibly!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #11
strutbuster10 is on a distinguished road
strutbuster10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
To me, it sounds like you're a young guy... with no credit (?). You gotta steer yourself to a good financial credit standing by getting established with the credit companies.

Apply for a credit card and maybe an in-house credit line at a store. Buy a TV or something like that and pay the minimum balance each month untill it's paid off.... DON'T overpay each month or pay the complete balance right away.... Credit companies HATE that (except AMEX ).

Having NO credit is waaaaay better than having bad credit, so use the clean slate you've got and get established!

Use your card (RESPONSIBLY) like I suggest for 9 mos. to a year and you'll be in a much better (credit) position to buy a vehicle then.... and maybe a house in a few years.

Buy responsibly!
Having no credit is not a bad thing. If you can save cash and pay in full that is by far the best way to buy a car. Don't buy into the myth that you must have a credit score to survive. Check out Dave Ramsey he can steer you in the right direction.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #12
Rsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rsoxfan1's Tacoma Gallery
Is it sold as new or used ?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
They said new ,but what I dont get is how is it new if its got 5000miles isnt that still used? Yeah im just going to keep building credit.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
For almost 30,000 thousand dollars I would wait for the car you want. I would be looking at a13 with that price. Know anyone in the military? Have them look for one on the usaa website. I got mine that way. It's a database that will search for your vehicle and give you a price. The usaa price not a dealer incentive. Dealer incentives come with by the way.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #15
watchdog is on a distinguished road

Name: jim
watchdog's Tacoma Gallery
Up here in N.Y. You couldn't touch a fully loaded truck for any thing under 36k. 5000 miles means nothing to them. If the trucks never been titled. They threw a dealer plate on it and put 5000 miles on it. They can sell it as new.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #16
oh I see. Yes I have a cousin that is a retired capt. do they still have to be active in order to use usaa?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
***UPDATE***

Called up the same dealership they still have it on the lot! Should I just lowball them And do you think they will take my offer? Does $25k sound reasonable?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutbuster10 View Post
Having no credit is not a bad thing. If you can save cash and pay in full that is by far the best way to buy a car. Don't buy into the myth that you must have a credit score to survive. Check out Dave Ramsey he can steer you in the right direction.
Try buying a house with no credit.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #19
sandstock is on a distinguished road

sandstock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhmmmar15 View Post
***UPDATE***

Called up the same dealership they still have it on the lot! Should I just lowball them And do you think they will take my offer? Does $25k sound reasonable?

Tell them you need to be at $25K, and they are at $29K, so get them to meet you in the middle at $27K (on the road). Always get on the road prices.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstock View Post
Tell them you need to be at $25K, and they are at $29K, so get them to meet you in the middle at $27K (on the road). Always get on the road prices.

Never heard that term "on the road prices" I will give that a try and see if meeting in the middle will work.