LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Driveline vibration Tsb out

Old 12-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That's what I mean. My 2007 is long out of even the powertrain warranty. I don't know why they even bothered to put the 2005 and 2006 on the list. That's just a slap in the face.
if you went to the dealer while you were still under warranty for vibe issues, it will be covered... proves youve had the problem since you HAD the warranty, just wasnt a fix for it. the TSB prob doesnt work anyways, as theyre not doing anything different from before
Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #22
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
if you went to the dealer while you were still under warranty for vibe issues, it will be covered... proves youve had the problem since you HAD the warranty, just wasnt a fix for it. the TSB prob doesnt work anyways, as theyre not doing anything different from before
How do you figure " they are not doing anything different than before "
Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That's what I mean. My 2007 is long out of even the powertrain warranty. I don't know why they even bothered to put the 2005 and 2006 on the list. That's just a slap in the face.
It's not a recall... it could be a prelude to a recall depending on whether or not the Feds want it (and they will if it's a safety issue).

The TSB applies to all vehicles that it applies to, whether in warranty or not.
The purpose of the TSB is to guide the tech in troubleshooting....
"If the customer complains of this condition, we have found this to be a likely remedy"

It just happens that TSBs are free under warranty like any other work performed. A TSB is not a recall, and is not typically something done preemptively.

Now, this one?

WTF?

What's next... TSB for excessive rain entering vehicle with window open during hurricane?
Attached Thumbnails
Driveline vibration Tsb out-moonroof.jpg  
Old 12-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #24
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How do you figure " they are not doing anything different than before "
there have already been TSB's for tranny mounts, steering column, and leafs.........

we drive trucks... this may be a surprise to some of you, but they dont ride like cadillacs...
Old 12-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #25
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
there have already been TSB's for tranny mounts and leafs.........
I highly doubt they would detail a new procedure that is exactly the same as an old procedure
Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #26

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I highly doubt they would detail a new procedure that is exactly the same as an old procedure
tell me how it sounds any different? i guess i need proof it works before i become a believer. doesnt matter to me either way, not wasting my time, i dont have any vibes i cant live with.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
Rotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud of

Rotorpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
tell me how it sounds any different? i guess i need proof it works before i become a believer. doesnt matter to me either way, not wasting my time, i dont have any vibes i cant live with.
another one of these guys

its not a caddy, its a truck...

if you had the vibes you would know it and you wouldnt just "live with it" because its a truck.

hold on, I just noticed your 22 years old.
maybe a couple more years in the "working world" would change your perspective...maybe not.

just saying
Old 12-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #28
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
It's not a recall... it could be a prelude to a recall depending on whether or not the Feds want it (and they will if it's a safety issue).

The TSB applies to all vehicles that it applies to, whether in warranty or not.
The purpose of the TSB is to guide the tech in troubleshooting....
"If the customer complains of this condition, we have found this to be a likely remedy"

It just happens that TSBs are free under warranty like any other work performed. A TSB is not a recall, and is not typically something done preemptively.

Now, this one?

WTF?

What's next... TSB for excessive rain entering vehicle with window open during hurricane?
I understand that but I tried arguing with the dealership when I was in warranty about vibrations. Since then, they refused to do anything so I lifted the truck so I could at least get a decent suspension under it. I still might buy the transmission mount on my own and do that myself. That TSB has been out for a while.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #29

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a TSB not a religion , " belief " in it is not a prerequisite , lol

If you have no vibes , good for you , this thread probably doesn't apply to you then
Old 12-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #30
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a TSB not a religion , " belief " in it is not a prerequisite , lol

If you have no vibes , good for you , this thread probably doesn't apply to you then
this

I'll let everyone know if the TSB parts fix the issue. worst case, I get more new free parts lol.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
Alloutdrs1 is on a distinguished road

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea of what is so different about the leafs that are installed under this TSB?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #32
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
I'll find out when I get to the shop Monday. I need to read the whole thing since I have updated springs in mine now so it should have seperate procedures for that situation. I'll be ordering parts Monday regardless.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #33

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorpilot View Post
hold on, I just noticed your 22 years old.
maybe a couple more years in the "working world" would change your perspective...maybe not.

just saying

Maybe a few more years without your skirt would change your perspective.... Maybe not.

Just saying
Old 12-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #34
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Maybe a few more years without your skirt would change your perspective.... Maybe not.

Just saying

that doesn't make sense

and why does your 2008 have the same wheels as my 1998 T100?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #35
Alloutdrs1 is on a distinguished road

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with 650h1, most of the time i read on the forum about everyone complaining about vibrations or rattles. I have only ever had trucks and every single one has had some kind of vibrations or rattles to them, its BOF and to be expected to some degree. Heck i might not even have this drive-line vibe, is it being felt though the steering wheel for those of you that have it? The TSB calls for a steering dampener so my guess would be yes. I'm very happy with my Tacoma, its when i get to reading into these detailed "I hate my Tacoma" or "My truck has drive-line vibes" That i get in my truck and immediately start ti question every little noise or vibe. I to am curous if this TSB will work, hasn't the trans mount been tried before? The leaf springs are of curiosity to me though are the the 4 leafpack or something all together new. There are a lot of people on here with aftermarket leafs, 4 and 3 pack and all have vibes, but then again it could be the combination of all TSB issues that solves the issue i guess.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #36

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Why are people unconcerned with their vibrations even interested in this thread ?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #37

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
that doesn't make sense

and why does your 2008 have the same wheels as my 1998 T100?
I like the wheels
Old 12-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #38

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why are people unconcerned with their vibrations even interested in this thread ?
It's a waste of time chasing vibrations, you'll never get rid of it, realistically.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a waste of time chasing vibrations, you'll never get rid of it, realistically.
See my previous post