Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Driveline vibration Tsb out

Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #381
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrm1 View Post
Did they eliminate the shudder?

-Jeff
I really don't notice any difference with them on there. I wasn't putting them on for the shudder though, just a little extra insurance when I have to carry a load.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #382
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
... ^^^ ... You gave "moi" (in my best French) a great idea ...
Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #383
Willcory is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
Willcory's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
My dealer threw all the parts on in one shot today. It actually seems slightly better but I can still tell it's there. Luckily it doesn't seem to have made it any worse like some are saying. Mine wasn't very bad to begin with though. Will see how it goes over the next couple days. Ride with the new leafs seems the same.
I just had the tsb done.. did they install the 3 leaf pack on yours? I want my 4 leaf pack back on casue it sags when pulling my boat
Old 06-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #384
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willcory View Post
I just had the tsb done.. did they install the 3 leaf pack on yours? I want my 4 leaf pack back on casue it sags when pulling my boat
what dealer did you go through? i'm having a hard time getting autonation toyota do get my tsb done up here in austin
Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #386
Willcory is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
Willcory's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESRTRNNR View Post
what dealer did you go through? i'm having a hard time getting autonation toyota do get my tsb done up here in austin
Universal Toyota off 35n

mark davis is who i been dealing with, real good group of guys over there
Old 06-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #387
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willcory View Post
They gave me a new 4-leaf pack when I had the TSB done.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #388

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESRTRNNR View Post
North Park Toyota did mine without hesitation. Fred was my service manager if you want to give him a call.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #389

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
A quick update:
Added an OME lift with a 1.5" AAL and the 15-25 mph vibrations are GONE. Not sure if it's because I torqued the U-bolts down to about 90 lbs or the AAL or both, but it's gone.
Awesome news. I'm installing the OME kit with Dakars 2 weeks from today!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #390
waYnewaGner is on a distinguished road
Name: waYne
waYnewaGner's Tacoma Gallery
O.K. had all of the TSB stuff done. Fixed nothing. Made it worse.

Now, I've got the driveline vibration under hard acceleration and a severe bounce at 50mph.

Had the Toyota Field Technical Supervisor come in and his official response about the vibration "This is a characteristic of all Tacoma's from 2007 to the present. Including the 2013's."

Anyone else find that unacceptable?

Also, now I can hear a clicking from the back end when I the truck is down shifting at low speeds.

Thinking about a trade-in. Any thoughts???

waYne
Old 06-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #391
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
2011Streaker's Tacoma Gallery
at least wait til 2014 til they come with the TSB done from the factory and see if theres any difference.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #392
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Streaker View Post
at least wait til 2014 til they come with the TSB done from the factory and see if theres any difference.
I am definitely gonna drive a 2014 AC turd and see if it has the vibe
Old 06-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #393
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waYnewaGner View Post

Now, I've got the driveline vibration under hard acceleration and a severe bounce at 50mph.

Had the Toyota Field Technical Supervisor come in and his official response about the vibration "This is a characteristic of all Tacoma's from 2007 to the present. Including the 2013's."

Also, now I can hear a clicking from the back end when I the truck is down shifting at low speeds.

waYne
I had the same thing happen (TSB made the issue worse) and got the same response.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #394
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

waYne
have you been to the dealer multiple times on this issue...? here is the deal, Toyota can not fix this issue. they do not know how to fix it and if they do, they have gone crazy spending money on the band-aide TSB they put out. if you have it well documented and want them to buy the truck back, guess what... they will do it under your states laws. If you love the truck, you have a couple of options, start shimming the driveline or try buying a one piece drive shaft. . thats it. period. bummer, but the truth. maybe one day when they completely redesign the truck it will be fixed, but until then, if you dont want to get rid of it or spend money trying to fix it yourself, just try to accept it and enjoy the truck. that being said... i couldn't accept it and now i drive a Tundra. ha, i love it too. hope it works out for you.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #395
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
have you been to the dealer multiple times on this issue...? here is the deal, Toyota can not fix this issue. they do not know how to fix it and if they do, they have gone crazy spending money on the band-aide TSB they put out. if you have it well documented and want them to buy the truck back, guess what... they will do it under your states laws. If you love the truck, you have a couple of options, start shimming the driveline or try buying a one piece drive shaft. . thats it. period. bummer, but the truth. maybe one day when they completely redesign the truck it will be fixed, but until then, if you dont want to get rid of it or spend money trying to fix it yourself, just try to accept it and enjoy the truck. that being said... i couldn't accept it and now i drive a Tundra. ha, i love it too. hope it works out for you.
Quoted for truth.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #396
Jadpitt27 is on a distinguished road
Jadpitt27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

waYne
Oh my. I have a slight 15-25 vibration and was going to take it in soon. Mainly just to get the tsb springs. I have a 2013 OR and have the 3 lead pack. Might have to rethink that idea.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #397
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadpitt27 View Post
Oh my. I have a slight 15-25 vibration and was going to take it in soon. Mainly just to get the tsb springs. I have a 2013 OR and have the 3 lead pack. Might have to rethink that idea.
Do NOT get the TSB done.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:09 AM   #398
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know what the long term affects are on the truck? That's all I care about. Yeah it sucks having a 13' that shakes a little but not worth getting rid of my truck over. I'm just worried about it causing issues later in life.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #399
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
2011Streaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Does anyone know what the long term affects are on the truck? That's all I care about. Yeah it sucks having a 13' that shakes a little but not worth getting rid of my truck over. I'm just worried about it causing issues later in life.
my concern as well.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #400
Jadpitt27 is on a distinguished road
Jadpitt27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
A quick update:
Added an OME lift with a 1.5" AAL and the 15-25 mph vibrations are GONE. Not sure if it's because I torqued the U-bolts down to about 90 lbs or the AAL or both, but it's gone.
When you got the tsb done, did they go from a 3 leaf to 4.... 4 to 4.... 4 to 3.... Or what?

Also I torqued my U-bolts to 75 ft/lbs because I thought 37 ft/lbs can't be enough. The vibration got MUCH worse. Also the whole truck shook when braking which it did not do before. So I went back to 37 ft/lbs and vibration is barely noticeable. I come to figure that the 37 ft/lbs is a toyota band aid for the vibration.