Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Driveline vibration Tsb out

Old 06-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #401
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadpitt27 View Post
When you got the tsb done, did they go from a 3 leaf to 4.... 4 to 4.... 4 to 3.... Or what?

Also I torqued my U-bolts to 75 ft/lbs because I thought 37 ft/lbs can't be enough. The vibration got MUCH worse. Also the whole truck shook when braking which it did not do before. So I went back to 37 ft/lbs and vibration is barely noticeable. I come to figure that the 37 ft/lbs is a toyota band aid for the vibration.
3 to 3.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #402
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Does anyone know what the long term affects are on the truck? That's all I care about. Yeah it sucks having a 13' that shakes a little but not worth getting rid of my truck over. I'm just worried about it causing issues later in life.

its going to kill bearings and seals.. I would just get it documented.. so that leter when your warrenty expiers.. you can show you brought it up as an issue.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #403
Jadpitt27 is on a distinguished road
Jadpitt27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
3 to 3.
I was definitely wrong here. I thought this was a way to get the 4 leaf pack. I won't be getting the tsb.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:35 AM   #404
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota fixed my vibration for good.
Attached Thumbnails
Driveline vibration Tsb out-ford-f150-004.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #405
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr676 View Post
Another one bites the dust!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #406
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
buy back? or traded it?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #407

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
buy back? or traded it?
Traded, I had enough Toyota was a nice truck but not in the same league with the f-150.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #408
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice truck. Fx4 comes with elocker?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #409

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice truck. Fx4 comes with elocker?
Yes it does.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #410

Quote:
Yes it does.
Yeah I was like you, I couldn't accept paying 30k for a defective truck. I really took a risk going with another toyota. I've never owned or ridden in an f150, but they look nice. Iam very happy with my tundra. Its solid and doesn't vibrate. Well now you gotta find a good ford forum that will help you spend money on mods. Ha
Old 06-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #411
PINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Larry
PINS Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Took measurements tonight. Going to order a Tom Woods double cardan DS tomorrow. Tired of the take off shudder and vibes. Tired of making adjustments, trying to get rid of them, with no luck....
Old 06-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #412
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINS Runner View Post
Took measurements tonight. Going to order a Tom Woods double cardan DS tomorrow. Tired of the take off shudder and vibes. Tired of making adjustments, trying to get rid of them, with no luck....
Keep us updated on your results.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #413
PINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of lightPINS Runner is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba353z View Post
Keep us updated on your results.
Damn -- I need better flange measurements ..delayed ordering until next week, but I will update.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #414
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Traded, I had enough Toyota was a nice truck but not in the same league with the f-150.
I would've done the same thing however I like trails and a full size just won't fit. At least not up in the PNW.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #415

Quote:
Giterdun, larry of shertz... can't wait to hear if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivespeed View Post
I would've done the same thing however I like trails and a full size just won't fit. At least not up in the PNW.
I was just telling my wife today I won't be taking my tundra thru 4 feet of creekbed water. She was pleased. Ha. That damn tacoma would go anywhere it could fit
Old 06-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #417

Quote:
Ordered a TW one-piece today....should have it by Wed next week
Can't wait to hear your results
Old 06-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #418

Quote:
Can't wait to hear your results
Posted the same on "Driveshaft vibes solved step by step" but..........

Just got back from a test drive....take off shudder GONE....20 mph and acceleration vibe GONE.....TACO takes off and accelerates like the wife's Avalon......Worth every penny
Attached Thumbnails
Driveline vibration Tsb out-img_0059.jpg   Driveline vibration Tsb out-img_0058.jpg   Driveline vibration Tsb out-img_0057.jpg   Driveline vibration Tsb out-img_0056.jpg  
Old 06-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #419
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Posted the same on "Driveshaft vibes solved step by step" but..........

Just got back from a test drive....take off shudder GONE....20 mph and acceleration vibe GONE.....TACO takes off and accelerates like the wife's Avalon......Worth every penny
How many pennies we talking?....