1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driveline vibration Tsb out

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toyotacerttech, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Jan 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    lowzone

lowzone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM AC 2.7L 5 spd SR5
    future plan of 2" drop and any type of rim thats not a steelie. grille and BHLM mods, maybe....
    my '10 AC 5 speed does the same thing at full stop...feels like i got bumped or hear a loud CLUNK. of course the dealership said they found nothing wrong. i just live with it. love the truck though!!!

2. Jan 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM
    Steve T

Steve T Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Pompano Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner

I have been complaining about the (rear clunk/thud) to the dealer since I purchased the vehicle new in 06. " Oh that is normal" was the usual reply.
    Any recourse after the warranty??

3. Jan 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM
    Steve T

Steve T Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Pompano Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    I have printed out the post and will be examining my options. My complaints are on numerous dealer service requests. Thanks for the heads up!!!

4. Jan 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM
    black coma

black coma Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    edwin
    hesperia
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner sr5
    None yet
    i have an extended 125k mile bumper to bumper warranty thats good til april on my 2007 and im gonna be going in shortly and have them check it out and ill report back. I dont see why it wont work since it is from toyota on a certified used tacoma.

5. Jan 19, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    chickdr

chickdr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2.7l
    Neat thread. My 2011 base has both of these issues. I hope the new TSB comes out before my 3yr warranty expires in June. I also hope it works better than the groaning drum brakes TSB I had done a few months ago. My "new" drums have the exact same issue my old ones did...

6. Jan 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    Go In and have it written down and put in the toyota before your warrenty is up

That way if it does come out after the warrenty you should be able to get it done.

7. Jan 20, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    Woundedyak

Woundedyak Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indy
    I have the vibration, but not to bad in my steering wheel like most people describe. My whole truck shakes. I feel it really bad in the floor board and my passenger seat shakes big time. I do have the rear end "clunk." I can't reproduce on demand, but mine happens when I come to a complete stop or letting my foot off the break right before I hit the accelerator. Sounds and feel like I got hit from the back.

8. Jan 20, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    jackmandu7e

jackmandu7e New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    gloria
    maine
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD off road
    I had the motor mounts replaced some time ago,still no fix. I was also told that if I had a lift kit, I would have to remove it and bring the truck back to stock before they would do anything! All I have is a 2" leveling kit on it!

9. Jan 20, 2014 at 2:34 PM
    legion

legion Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Net
    temecula
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SuperWhite
    So if we print the pdf, take it in. They will fix it?

10. Jan 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    ReidStylez

ReidStylez Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reid
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner SR5
    I have helper airbags installed and I have that driveshaft clunk. :/ I doubt they'll fix it under the TSB.

11. Jan 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    This TSB has been cancelled because it didn't fix the issue. Don't waste your time. You can take the truck in and complain and have them put it in the system that you're having the issue, then when/if a valid fix is ever put out (which it supposedly is) you can go in and get it done.

12. Jan 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    timmytoast

timmytoast Card-Carrying Illuminati Member

Member:
    Prison City, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    Black Plastiderp Front Emblem and Grille Surround, Relocated Horns, Bed Mat w/ bolt mod, Precision Fit seat covers, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Console and Glove Box Organizers, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, Pop N Lock Tailgate Latch, K B Voodoo Bed Brackets
    The driveline vibration TSB was canceled? Damn... I have an appt. next Monday to have it taken care of. I guess I'll just have them put in the system that I'm having the issue and see what they say.

13. Jan 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    That's what several other members have said. Did your dealer actual say they're going to do the TSB or do you just have an appointment to get it looked at?

I had it done last summer and it did absolutely nothing. My lift fixed it though!

14. Jan 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    rainmn

rainmn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Unless I've been lied to by my dealer's Service Manager, Toyota Corporate, and the Regional Toyota Service Rep.....it's been cancelled since it didn't work.

15. Jan 20, 2014 at 5:14 PM
    testerdahl

testerdahl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Gering, NE

That is pretty interesting.

16. Jan 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    timmytoast

timmytoast Card-Carrying Illuminati Member

Member:
    Prison City, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    Black Plastiderp Front Emblem and Grille Surround, Relocated Horns, Bed Mat w/ bolt mod, Precision Fit seat covers, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Console and Glove Box Organizers, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, Pop N Lock Tailgate Latch, K B Voodoo Bed Brackets
    Just going to look at it. The service adviser (woman) I talked to knew nothing of the TSB and asked for the VIN so she could see if there were any recalls :rolleyes: I explained it wasn't a recall but a TSB. She had no idea what I was talking about :eek: Anyway, I told her I printed out the TSB and that I will brink it with me when I go in on the 27th. If nothing else, I'll record the issue so when the new TSB comes out I can get it done.

17. Jan 21, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    KnoxTac0713

KnoxTac0713 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Bilstein 6112, rear 2.0 Icon VS shocks, TRD Black SEMA wheels, 255/80/17 Cooper ST Maxx, SOS Rear bumper, SOS bolt on sliders,TRD skid plate, derped badges, 15% tint, color matched oem grille, lamin-x amber fog covers, TRD cat-back exhaust, Tacoma bed mat, Tonno-pro trifold, Depo black tail lights, front tow hook w/ D shackle, Wheeler's Superbumps rear, Wheeler's 1 inch block rear, Custom Car Grills mesh grill insert, light bar in lower valence
    i have the clunk in my 13 from take off. I did not see that 13's are listed on the TSB. I guess i can report it to them and hope it gets fixed?

18. Jan 21, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    Esmi

Esmi Member

Member:
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab TRD Off Road4x4
    I don't think I'd do that.

I did that myself with my 2013 AC 4X4. If I could do it again, I would let them make their own determination regarding What Is Wrong.

In my case, since I pointed to the (now obsolete) TSB 0249-012, it became apparent that there was no solution and they quit trying. If I could do it again, I would let them find the TSB on their own if they wanted to. If they did not find it, I would accept a "no solution found" written on the invoice, and wait for the fix to come from Toyota.

I would not accept them saying "no problem found," I would accept "no solution found."

Again, since the TSB is a dead end, I do not think it is going to help by showing that you know that it existed at one time.

19. Jan 21, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    rainmn

rainmn Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you bring the truck in for the driveline vibrations, I'd bet your experience would be similar to mine.

In my case, the dealer supposedly contacted Toyota, and was advised that this is a "characteristic of the vehicle" and that they were not to attempt to fix it. Even the Service Manager at my dealer thought that was BS, and advised me to contact Toyota, as his hands were tied. (which I did)

The reason for that specific response from Toyota is pretty obvious, at least in NJ. In order to file for the lemon law here, the dealer needs to have attempted to fix the problem unsuccessfully at least three times. By Toyota not attempting any fix, and calling it a "characteristic of the vehicle", they basically prevent an owner from being able to go down the lemon law route.

You can always file for litigation, which I did. I posted the outcome of that in another thread that can be found by searching under my name. Basically, I withdrew the litigation and gave them 90 days to release a new fix. If they do not, I will re-file.

20. Jan 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    ogtay

ogtay Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC PreRunner TRD Sport LB Supercharged
    TRD Exhaust
    nice

did you install yourself or have a shop do it? I really don't have time to do the labor myself ... any one on So Cal recommend a good shop that could swap them out?

Products Discussed in

To Top