Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Driveline vibration Tsb out

Old 12-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
I'm with 650h1, most of the time i read on the forum about everyone complaining about vibrations or rattles. I have only ever had trucks and every single one has had some kind of vibrations or rattles to them, its BOF and to be expected to some degree. Heck i might not even have this drive-line vibe, is it being felt though the steering wheel for those of you that have it? The TSB calls for a steering dampener so my guess would be yes. I'm very happy with my Tacoma, its when i get to reading into these detailed "I hate my Tacoma" or "My truck has drive-line vibes" That i get in my truck and immediately start ti question every little noise or vibe. I to am curous if this TSB will work, hasn't the trans mount been tried before? The leaf springs are of curiosity to me though are the the 4 leafpack or something all together new. There are a lot of people on here with aftermarket leafs, 4 and 3 pack and all have vibes, but then again it could be the combination of all TSB issues that solves the issue i guess.
i dont think anyone on this thread is bitching about their truck, nor do they hate it. and i think we all expect some some of vibes etc. with a truck, but if a dealer is going to fix it, for free (under warranty) then why not? I think when someone buys a brand new truck off the lot, like i did, they do have a little higher expectations than someone buying used. hell my t100 feels like a deathtrap compared to my taco, but its 14 years old so its acceptable you know. From what I can tell, the TSB has NEW springs, not just the stadard 4 leaf pack. 650h1 has no basis for his earlier post saying its the same fix as before, if it is, show me the TSB or proof supporting it.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #43
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
i dont think anyone on this thread is bitching about their truck, nor do they hate it. and i think we all expect some some of vibes etc. with a truck, but if a dealer is going to fix it, for free (under warranty) then why not? I think when someone buys a brand new truck off the lot, like i did, they do have a little higher expectations than someone buying used. hell my t100 feels like a deathtrap compared to my taco, but its 14 years old so its acceptable you know. From what I can tell, the TSB has NEW springs, not just the stadard 4 leaf pack. 650h1 has no basis for his earlier post saying its the same fix as before, if it is, show me the TSB or proof supporting it.
I understand what you're saying.. Trust me. And I'm not trying to be a dick. But go to the TSB list stickied under 2nd gen tacomas.

There's a tsb for leaf springs
There's a tsb for transmission mount
And there's a tsb for the steering column dampener

If you guys really think Toyota engineered completely new parts then I have a bridge to sell you... You aren't even a little skeptical? Can you at least see why I'm saying what I'm saying? I mean Toyota has already "fixed" this problem 3 times...

Again not trying to be a dick but when you waste a couple days of them having your truck, and spending money in gas on a loaner car or 3 hrs sitting in a dealership to find it didn't work don't be upset...
Old 12-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #44
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
I understand what you're saying.. Trust me. And I'm not trying to be a dick. But go to the TSB list stickied under 2nd gen tacomas.

If you guys really think Toyota engineered completely new parts then I have a bridge to sell you... You aren't even a little skeptical? Can you at least see why I'm saying what I'm saying? I mean Toyota has already "fixed" this problem 3 times...
I guess you would know
Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #45
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you guys really think Toyota engineered completely new parts then I have a bridge to sell you...
well they did for the rear brakes, i can show them to you. whether or not there are new parts or they just combined tsb's I couldnt tell you. this is the first i've seen a tsb for this specific problem. i guess we'll find out when one of us gets it done. in the mean time, as for people chasing vibes, if it doesnt affect you, why do you care? hope is what makes the world go round...
Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #46
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
3 cab sizes
2 bed sizes
4 transmissions
2 engines
etc...

I bet it doesn't apply to all Tacomas. Someone please post the whole TSB.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #47
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Andrew
Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree with you, i bought my truck 2012 new as well and while i do think i have the vibration i have just dismissed it as of now because it is a truck and really there hasn't been any real cure from Toyota. I guess we will have to wait and see until we get some more info on this. I'm really curious about the leafs and what is different about them. I hope this TSB does work out as i know a lot of owners on here have been plagued by this issue.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #48
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a waste of time chasing vibrations, you'll never get rid of it, realistically.
Realistically, this is the first truck I've ever owned that's had vibration issues...
Old 12-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #49
Jackass is on a distinguished road
Name: Jack
Jackass's Tacoma Gallery
[/QUOTE] Again not trying to be a dick but when you waste a couple days of them having your truck, and spending money in gas on a loaner car or 3 hrs sitting in a dealership to find it didn't work don't be upset...[/QUOTE]

I second that. Will wait for others to find out conclusively before putting myself through some bs.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #50
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcolt View Post
I wonder what the odds are of getting this done on a lifted truck...

Edit: And 15-25mph? Don't a lot of people have the vib's on take-off (0-10mph)
I'm curious too...mine definitely vibes between 5-10mph on take-off. Other than that I don't notice it anywhere else.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #51
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Realistically, this is the first truck I've ever owned that's had vibration issues...
I'm sorry
Old 12-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #52
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
i dont mind the loaner, it usually a scion and gets like 30 mpg, makes up for the trip to the dealer in the first place lol.

edit: and im not saying i like the scion over my truck, im just saying there isnt enough of an inconvenience to keep me from dropping the coma off
Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #53
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Andrew
Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
I'm curious too...mine definitely vibes between 5-10mph on take-off. Other than that I don't notice it anywhere else.
That's when mine does it as well, which i think is the issue for most. we will have to see what others say who get it done. As for the lifted trucks,if you have changed your leafs then maybe this might not work because it seems like its a whole package steering dampener, leafs, trans mount. I wish we had the whole pdf to view.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #54
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up I FINALLY ELIMINATED MY VIBES!!!!

I bought my truck new in Feb '06. Since day one I had a vibe at 20 mph (whether accelerating or decelerating through that speed). Once I lifted the truck almost four years ago the vibe was exacerbated (the rear is lifted with the TSB springs and a ToyTec 1.5" TSB add-a-leaf). I then installed 4* axle shims attempting to fix this vibe. The shims eliminated the 20 mph vibe but caused a very annoying take-off shudder from 5-15 mph. I've lived with this for nearly four years.

Fast forward to about four months ago when I bought and installed the parts for the rear transmission mount TSB. That only helped slightly. Today, after a lot of reading on proper driveline angles (including this helpful thread), I removed my axle shims and then lowered my carrier bearing with stacks of stainless steel washers. TAKE-OFF SHUDDER GONE, AND VIBE FREE! I can't explain to you guys just how happy this makes me!!!! And the irony in it all: 650H1 helped (in a roundabout way) because while I had my rear tires off I replaced some of my marred lug nuts with some I bought from him.

I now love my truck again! Wooo hooo!

PM me if you need help figuring out your driveline angles and how to make the proper adjustments. I can walk you through it and give you the CliffsNotes for dummies version ('cause that's what I needed ).
Old 12-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #55

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Da_da View Post
I bought my truck new in Feb '06. Since day one I had a vibe at 20 mph (whether accelerating or decelerating through that speed). Once I lifted the truck almost four years ago the vibe was exacerbated (the rear is lifted with the TSB springs and a ToyTec 1.5" TSB add-a-leaf). I then installed 4* axle shims attempting to fix this vibe. The shims eliminated the 20 mph vibe but caused a very annoying take-off shudder from 5-15 mph. I've lived with this for nearly four years.

Fast forward to about four months ago when I bought and installed the parts for the rear transmission mount TSB. That only helped slightly. Today, after a lot of reading on proper driveline angles (including this helpful thread), I removed my axle shims and then lowered my carrier bearing with stacks of stainless steel washers. TAKE-OFF SHUDDER GONE, AND VIBE FREE! I can't explain to you guys just how happy this makes me!!!! And the irony in it all: 650H1 helped (in a roundabout way) because while I had my rear tires off I replaced some of my marred lug nuts with some I bought from him.

I now love my truck again! Wooo hooo!

PM me if you need help figuring out your driveline angles and how to make the proper adjustments. I can walk you through it and give you the CliffsNotes for dummies version ('cause that's what I needed ).
Old 12-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #58
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if you find anything you think i'd like to know, dont keep secrets lol
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #59

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tion-free.html