Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just installed AAL and Billys...anyone have this problem?

Old 12-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
It's probably the "Taco Lean." Just get a 1/4'' spacer to put on the front. Not sure how to correct the rear though.

Matt
Old 12-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Odd... I installed my rear AAL and 5100's and my measurement was the same on both sides. I only had Taco lean on the Drivers side front after I installed 5100's a few weeks later. Corrected with a taco lean spacer but I never had a difference in the rear height.

The link to the lift you ordered includes a top plate spacer for the drivers side. Im curious to see how this affects the left rear once installed.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #25
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
Il just throw a hockey puck under it....Puck IT!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #26
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
Like Dis?

yezzir
Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #27
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Or I will just have to get a fat girl. That might help level things out
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Put the front in and then re assess. It's amplified by the rake.
Also. With any aal you should loosen up the u bolts and jump on the rear bumper a few times and the. Re tighten to make sure no spring bind is the cause.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #30
YESSAHBUD...heyut

Im drove it today and no change. I will have to ask the dudes about it when I get the front put on thursday.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #31
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you got the taco lean. I have it pretty bad also. Do you have the lean in the front right now? Even with the stock suspension it might be there. I have heard if you correct it in the front it should help with the rear.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #32
YESSAHBUD...heyut

No there is no lean with the front...but its still stock. and it was never there before when it was all stock. I am 100% sure. I get a little OCD with my toys haha. Just have to put the front on and maybe loosen up the U bolts and bounce it around before tightening it.

.....I will fix this mother! haha
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #33
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
interesting issue. sub'd for post front lift results.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #34
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Taco lean, even before my lift and with a full tank my passenger side was 3/4" higer than the drivers side. The difference can varie from Taco to Taco.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #35
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmmm have someone jump in the bed and make sure your shackle is moving on the drivers side as much as the passenger side, maybe even loosen them. Well seeing as your in maine and it is winter it is always a good thing to have some sand. Throw 100 lbs of sandbags in the back of the bed on the passanger side lol. It might be possible that one add a leaf has more arch than the other? Just a theory.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #36
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Hmmm have someone jump in the bed and make sure your shackle is moving on the drivers side as much as the passenger side, maybe even loosen them. Well seeing as your in maine and it is winter it is always a good thing to have some sand. Throw 100 lbs of sandbags in the back of the bed on the passanger side lol. It might be possible that one add a leaf has more arch than the other? Just a theory.
/\ More arch than the other... very interesting idea! Never thought of this.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
YESSAHBUD...heyut

They seemed the same when I received them. They were packaged together one on top of the other.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #38
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at the pics in your gallery and it looks TO ME like the truck was SLIGHTLY leaning to the driver's side, but I know you say you didn't notice it before. Until you finish putting the lift on, I would not worry about it. There is a reason the kit comes with a single 1/4" top plate spacer.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
/\ More arch than the other... very interesting idea! Never thought of this.
Well i know in the case of full leaf packs, like dakars, sometimes they are above or below spec and the arch might vary. If it did vary for add a leafs it probably wouldnt be enough to be noticable though.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #40
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't stress until you but the billies on the front and then do damage control..