LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just installed AAL and Billys...anyone have this problem?

Old 12-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed AAL and Billys...anyone have this problem?

I just got the bilstein 2 inch lift kit from toytec. This kit: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I decided to install the rear on my own to save a few bucks. So I put the AAL's in and the shocks.

The problem is that the truck now "leans" a bit toward the drivers side. I havent put the front on yet its still stock. Im wondering if the leafs just need to settle a bit after driving it a little bit. I haven't driven it yet.

So im just curious what people think. I put both leafs on the same way. Hmmmm? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
NO NOT THE TOP NUT!!! Full Icons on Stock tires...
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewoodsballer View Post
I just got the bilstein 2 inch lift kit from toytec. This kit: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I decided to install the rear on my own to save a few bucks. So I put the AAL's in and the shocks.

The problem is that the truck now "leans" a bit toward the drivers side. I havent put the front on yet its still stock. Im wondering if the leafs just need to settle a bit after driving it a little bit. I haven't driven it yet.

So im just curious what people think. I put both leafs on the same way. Hmmmm? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!
Are you sure you put the leafs on the same? They are directional
Old 12-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes, the longer side goes toward the back?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
YESSAHBUD...heyut

about a half inch.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
This may be a bit premature. However, I believe this is referred to as the "Taco Lean" and happens quite often. From what I've read its due to the fact that all the heavy stuff is mounted on the drivers side. Gas tank battery, and if you ride around solo, this also causes sag on the drivers side. I noticed mine more after the lift as well. I suppose the lift accentuates the lean.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
YESSAHBUD...heyut

If you stand behind the truck you can tell just by looking at it.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
WRATH OF ATREYU
Atreyus is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Atreyus's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe because the weight of the gas tank on driver side? I'm just guessing not too sure though. I'd love to see how it looks though pics!!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
This may be a bit premature. However, I believe this is referred to as the "Taco Lean" and happens quite often. From what I've read its due to the fact that all the heavy stuff is mounted on the drivers side. Gas tank battery, and if you ride around solo, this also causes sag on the drivers side. I noticed mine more after the lift as well. I suppose the lift accentuates the lean.
Not after just the rear install.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
YESSAHBUD...heyut

Yeah I measured from the top of the tire....I will post some pics with shes done, but maybe I will post a pic of the problem right now.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #12

11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewoodsballer View Post
Yeah I measured from the top of the tire....I will post some pics with shes done, but maybe I will post a pic of the problem right now.
Pics always help.

Also your sure you tightened The U Bolts and got the bump stop plates in right?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
YESSAHBUD...heyut

Here is what the highside looks like...Im assuming this is what its supposed to look like. Couldnt really get a pic of the other side but its a little over a half inch off from the floor to fender.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
YESSAHBUD...heyut

and here is the back.
this pic makes it look a little worse than it is. But there it is!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
YESSAHBUD...heyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
So you have not installed the front lift yet, which includes the lean spacer? And it is leaning?
Yes...correct. It never leaned before when the rear was stock. Not sure why it would now..
Old 12-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that's the Taco lean. I can notice it on my truck on occasion, but to most people they can't tell.

BTW, two Tacoma's in one garage, nicely done sir, nicely done.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
bcmedic13 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Matt
bcmedic13's Tacoma Gallery
Umm... maybe the garage is crooked.