Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Supercharger purchase

Old 12-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Supercharger purchase

I, just yesterday, bought a 2013 Tacoma and part of my "deal" was I buy the TRD SC kit and they install it at no additional cost to me.

Who has the best price on these TRD SC kits?????

Other than the obvious concerns, Poor fuel economy if you rod it around, premature wear on the drivetrain, must use premium fuel, what else do I need to know about TRD's SC kit???

URD's smaller stock look a like pulley that is suppose to add a couple extra lbs of boost, are they a simple swap or is there more to it?????

I'm not only new to your forum but I'm also a first time Toyota ANYTHING owner so, please, feel free to pile on any and all information you have regarding these TRD SC kits.

You all have a very nice forum here. It's a pleasure to be among you.

Thank you for any and all information and or help!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get that in writing ? . If you can get the trd sc under that warranty I'd go with that .
Old 12-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, absolutely got it in writing. At first they just put in a dollar amount of $1100 and I didn't like that "language" at all because I didn't want to take the chance of them coming back later and saying it turned out to cost more than $1100 and I'd have to potentially pay the difference so I had them add language to our written agreement that said they install it with NO additional charge to me no matter the cost to install a TRD SC kit.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you. That is one of the places I've looked at.

Now that you have had yours awhile have you had ANY issues or any kind?

Mines a 2013 but I'm assuming they are the same as the 2012.

Have you installed the smaller URD stealth stock look alike pulley yet, if so did you have to do any other mods and did you notice a difference???

The more information I get the more I can't wait to have it installed.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
from TRD installed by the dealer *should* be included with the 3yr/36k mile warranty.
I'd extend it if I could . If the price was decent .
Old 12-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Dealership told me if it's installed by a Toyota dealer the full factory warranty would apply. I declined on purchasing the extended warranty but I'm reconsidering.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post

Have you installed the smaller URD stealth stock look alike pulley yet, if so did you have to do any other mods and did you notice a difference???

To get the most out of the pulley, you should tune it for it.

Alot of people have just swapped it, but you wont get the most from it without adjusting the calibration for it.

the UCON EMS from URD is the ideal setup, but some have gotten away with just a MAF calibrator, but the UCON has alot of other features and it expandable as your mods grow ( also you can actually skip the TRD reflash with the UCON and have the ability to put the truck back to stock later down the road if you sell/trade) you cannot undo the TRD reflash. ( I run the APR X-1 which is discontinued, but do not have the TRD reflash)

FYI on the newer blowers, they put tamper paint on the stock pulley, they will know if you swapped it...

when the blower first came out, they did not use tamper paint and pulleys were swapping like hot cakes...

good luck

Justin
Old 12-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Tamper paint!!! Ahhhh man. That's ok, I'd probably be smarter to just leave it alone.

Is it true these TRD SC kits aren't available for the 2013 Tacoma 4.0V6 yet????
Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Shoptrd.com has it for $3700 with fit kit and I believe free shipping
Old 12-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Boooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with TRDparts4u and URD, they both said the same thing. The TRD SC kit will fit perfectly fine on a 2013 Tacoma BUT! there is NO! ECU "flash" available for the 2013 yet.

I put a call into TRD themselves and being that it's Dec. 24th, naturally, they were closed. THAT SUCKS!!!

The tech guy at URD was kinda funny. He told me anyone who says they have a TRD SC on a 2013 Tacoma is full of it or they have the kit installed but no reflash and why would anyone do that.

Also talked to him about their pulley, maybe sounds like more hassle than it would be worth for only 20-30hp....

When I do talk directly to TRD I'll report back on what they have to say as to the available time line for the ECU flash on the 2013's

I'll be impatiently waiting for the next few days.....
Old 12-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post

No issues, and it has been about 10K miles so far. No to the smaller pulley. I added a Volant intake with ram air scoop and it feels more responsive.

When I got the s/c, I had to wait awhile too. Got the truck in October 2011 and had to wait until June 2012 for the fit kit to finally be released.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #14
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting around for a response from trdparts for my 2013 6cyl as well... If anyone gets an update on it, I'd love to hear it!
Also, when it does come out, is this smaller pulley even possible to use while under factory warranty?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #15
B11's Tacoma Gallery
URD makes what they call their Stealth pulley which is a stock look a like but it could cause warranty issues. I asked the Tech at URD if the re-flash Toyota does after you install the TRD SC kit will have enough range in the fuel mapping to cover the extra 2 lbs. of boost their stealth pulley gives and he told me that most of the time it does but not 100% always.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #16
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
when toyota does the install of the sc it is covered under the 5 yr/ 60000 miles powertrain warranty, not the 3 year 36k
Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
B3AS7808 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
B3AS7808's Tacoma Gallery
just got a call from the dealership I bought my 2013 tacoma from here in hawaii and supercharger will be in for the 2013 next week!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
Nocturnal is on a distinguished road
Nocturnal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3AS7808 View Post
just got a call from the dealership I bought my 2013 tacoma from here in hawaii and supercharger will be in for the 2013 next week!!!
Nice! I am so tempted to buy it. I miss that low end power.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #19
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3AS7808 View Post
What dealer did you get yours at
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
B11's Tacoma Gallery
And what did it cost you? Curious if any of the dealerships will match the price of TRDparts4u. There online price is $3800 for a complete kit.