LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Weathertec Digital Fit Matts Question

Old 12-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
TacomaIan is on a distinguished road
TacomaIan's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Weathertec Digital Fit Matts Question

I got a set of Black weathertec Digital Fit matts for my 2012 Tacoma today and they have spots for the little studs in the floor that lock on the OEM matts. Has anyone else found the holes in the Weathertec do not match the floor? There moulded to fit the vehicle but the studs do not match up with the holes in the matts?

Anyone else have a set for their 2012?
Old 12-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set in my 13. My brother has them I his 12.
No such issue for us.

Do you have an 05-11 set?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
joeyha is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
joeyha's Tacoma Gallery
No problems with my 2012 "Canadian" DCLB TRD either...

Where in Alberta are you?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyha View Post
No problems with my 2012 "Canadian" DCLB TRD either...

Where in Alberta are you?
Edmonton
Old 12-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
dragnet will become famous soon enoughdragnet will become famous soon enough
Name: Tim
dragnet's Tacoma Gallery
I would guess it's either the wrong model year mat, wrong cab style, or you might have the clips flipped the wrong way?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 AM   #7
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnet View Post
I would guess it's either the wrong model year mat, wrong cab style, or you might have the clips flipped the wrong way?
Can't be the wrong cab style - all cab styles use the same front mats.
In terms of flipping the clips I found it literally impossible to install floor mats improperly.

They're the wrong mats.

OP: what part number is on your front mats?
Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have an '09, sold it, and now I have a '12...

I kept the same digital fit mats, and I can tell you that the mats are contoured to fit exactly the same, but the clips are in different places. It sounds to me like you have a set built for the 05-11's...
Old 12-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
I had no probs.

What is the measurement difference of the studs and WT mat holes??
Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
surfinbum88 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Randall
surfinbum88's Tacoma Gallery
I had problem with passenger side 2012 double cab set. See attached pics. Returned for refund. Several phones calls to weathertech but they could not figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Weathertec Digital Fit Matts Question-img_0191-768x1024-.jpg   2012 Weathertec Digital Fit Matts Question-right-grommet-fitment-800x600-.jpg   2012 Weathertec Digital Fit Matts Question-both-grommets-800x600-.jpg  
Old 12-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #12
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgtho View Post
Can't be the wrong cab style - all cab styles use the same front mats.
In terms of flipping the clips I found it literally impossible to install floor mats improperly.

They're the wrong mats.

OP: what part number is on your front mats?

That's incorrect the reg cab and access cabs have same front mats doubblecab is differnt, the reg and access share same part number 444521 dbl cabs have a diff part number
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Weathertec Digital Fit Matts Question-image.jpg  
Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #13
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinbum88 View Post
I had problem with passenger side 2012 double cab 05-11 set. See attached pics. Returned for refund. Several phones calls to weathertech but they could not figure it out.
this could probably been fixed with a small carpet adjustment.

the 2012/2013 hold downs are fixed to the carpet with no side to side movement like the clips on the earlier models.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
Air Force:
Edit to my previous. Looked at my receipt and the part number they shipped me is 444531 for a double cab. Made mistake saying I had 05-11 model.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
Quote:
I had problem with passenger side 2012 double cab set. See attached pics. Returned for refund. Several phones calls to weathertech but they could not figure it out.
Got the right ones now but yeah the passenger side is like this, only one lock works.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #16

Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did the OEM mats fit in your truck?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #17
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgtho View Post
Did the OEM mats fit in your truck?
The OEM mats fit like a glove. I have weathertech liners in my other 2 cars and they fit perfect. Not sure why these did not fit?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #18
Checkvalve will become famous soon enough
Checkvalve's Tacoma Gallery
Question when you order weathertechs do you get both fronts or is the price per mat? I know stupid question but I have to ask.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #19
Catman is on a distinguished road
Catman's Tacoma Gallery
You order both front mats.
I had problems with the passenger side fitment also, if clipped in, the back (towards the seat) was too far out towards the door, the mat sat crooked. Also the rears would get caught on the front seat rails when you put the seat all the way back. There are others that have had the same problem. 1 member problem solved and relocated the clips so the mat lined up properly.
Nice mats, just didn't fit for me.....the sock mats I have (both carpet/rubber) fit perfect.

Products Discussed in this Thread