Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Baja

Old 02-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck, nice bike, nice picture hahaha im starting to get jealous of your job if you can do that haha
Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #22
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreda25 View Post
Yo dude thanks for sh!tting on a pretty happy thread.
The faux beadlock rings are removable if you want a more unique look.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #23
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I have found that the "beadlock" ring works out very well. Since its not black like most wheels it hides rock rash very well. Mine rings are hammered and you wouldnt even know unless you looked close. If there were all black wheels the rash would stick out big time.

Edit: Really nice truck, you must be thrilled to own it.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
Moreda25 will become famous soon enough
Moreda25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
nice truck, nice bike, nice picture hahaha im starting to get jealous of your job if you can do that haha
Thank you, I'm very blessed to have what I do and that my job allows me to live my passion every day.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #25
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yo dude thanks for sh!tting on a pretty happy thread.
I can see why you might take his post that way, but I believe Miles was giving an educated opinion and warning about those wheels. If you look at his build threads, you'll see he does have some experience.

From the subsequent posts, it seems you can address his concerns by removing the trim rings when you go offroad, cleaning up the wheels, and replacing them. If you ever find a wheel suddenly out of balance, remove the ring and clean the bead area.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #26
Milowilli
Milowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Miles
Milowilli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I can see why you might take his post that way, but I believe Miles was giving an educated opinion and warning about those wheels. If you look at his build threads, you'll see he does have some experience.

From the subsequent posts, it seems you can address his concerns by removing the trim rings when you go offroad, cleaning up the wheels, and replacing them. If you ever find a wheel suddenly out of balance, remove the ring and clean the bead area.
Lol...a review was done with pics on the TRD Rock Warrior rim which has the same false beadlock ring. Here you go.
http://roadtraveler.net/tag/rock-warrior/
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #27
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milowilli View Post
Lol...a review was done with pics on the TRD Rock Warrior rim which has the same false beadlock ring. Here you go.
http://roadtraveler.net/tag/rock-warrior/
Damn!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #28
Milowilli
Milowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yup the ring looks nice..it serves no purpose other than looks and causes too many issues for wheeling duties but TRD continues to use it as a premium wheel. The Rock-warrior wheel above has just Been introduced as a 6 lug 17 inch for FJs Tacos and 4Runners. I saw it on a new Rock Warrior Edition FJ Cruiser.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post

Sweet.. Thanks for the tip, that is actually a good thing to keep in mind.

Also thanks for going about it is a tactful manner. I am all about learning helpful tricks for my truck but don't really take to commenters that offer no help at all and just point out the negative...
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #30
Milowilli
Quote:

Also thanks for going about it is a tactful manner. I am all about learning helpful tricks for my truck but don't really take to commenters that offer no help at all and just point out the negative...
Maybe adding a sealant of some sort may reduce the corrosion that can occur between the ring and rim.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
Milowilli
Quote:

Yes mon!!! I love Yotas too much to bash your truck. I just get pissed when I see shitty designs incorporated into a product such as these wheels.
Cheers.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #32
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
SWEET!!! Another baja owner!! I haven't seen any of the access cabs on here yet, welcome!!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck man im very jealous! haha
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #34
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Moreda, is this your 1st Tacoma?

Nice truck by the way!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #35
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Milowlli is being positive by giving facts, Toyota is the negative in this situation by creating a sub-par product without testing long term durability. Same goes for out frames......

I would make sure I take my truck to the dealer as the warranty nears the end and pull the rings to show the damage if there is any and get a new set.

These are not the first or the last set of wheels for Toyota to have corrosion issues with.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Moreda, is this your 1st Tacoma?

Nice truck by the way!
Yeah first Taco. Love the truck.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj973gm View Post
Milowlli is being positive by giving facts, Toyota is the negative in this situation by creating a sub-par product without testing long term durability. Same goes for out frames......

I would make sure I take my truck to the dealer as the warranty nears the end and pull the rings to show the damage if there is any and get a new set.

These are not the first or the last set of wheels for Toyota to have corrosion issues with.
Good tip on taking in by the dealership before the warranty expires to check the wheels. I actually didn't think of that.

Yeah I know Milowlli was "trying to be helpful" but learn some tact. I know boards are not full of this thing called "tact" and neither is the real world so here is a helpful lesson as to what "tact" is

TACT
1: sensitive mental or aesthetic perception <converted the novel into a play with remarkable skill and tact>

2: a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense

Milowlli has an amazing truck and is VERY well versed in Tacoma's. He has clearly done more than I have and will ever do to my truck, he does seem to be help full with other threads. I just took offense to his initial post. I E bagging on the wheels on some thread where this person is stoked on his new truck..... I get there is a flaw/maintenance that goes along with having these wheels on your truck...... I probobally would have started his thread a little different with " make sure you keep and eye on these wheels and clean behind the ring......" something like this wold have been a better intro, but thats just me....

I have no issue with Milowlli at all the guy is the man.

Trucks are personal so when someone points out that some wrong with your new pride and joy it is sometimes hard not to take offense to it.....
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Great looking truck man im very jealous! haha
Thanks you... I'm very happy to have her. Best auto purchase i have made
Old 02-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #39
Milowilli
Quote:
Good tip on taking in by the dealership before the warranty expires to check the wheels. I actually didn't think of that.

Yeah I know Milowlli was "trying to be helpful" but learn some tact. I know boards are not full of this thing called "tact" and neither is the real world so here is a helpful lesson as to what "tact" is

TACT
1: sensitive mental or aesthetic perception <converted the novel into a play with remarkable skill and tact>

2: a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense

Milowlli has an amazing truck and is VERY well versed in Tacoma's. He has clearly done more than I have and will ever do to my truck, he does seem to be help full with other threads. I just took offense to his initial post. I E bagging on the wheels on some thread where this person is stoked on his new truck..... I get there is a flaw/maintenance that goes along with having these wheels on your truck...... I probobally would have started his thread a little different with " make sure you keep and eye on these wheels and clean behind the ring......" something like this wold have been a better intro, but thats just me....

I have no issue with Milowlli at all the guy is the man.

Trucks are personal so when someone points out that some wrong with your new pride and joy it is sometimes hard not to take offense to it.....
I had to go reread my original quote to see if I screwed up!!...."Those rims are a bad choice by Toyota for those who want to go Off Road. The headlock has a lip that's a Debris trap which throws the wheels off balance. The rim also corrodes behind the beadlock due to trapped moisture."

Bad choice by Toyota!!! Not you bro..I never intended to bash your truck, was making you aware of potential issues with those faux beadlock rims. Any way bro..peace.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #40
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Don't worry about the wheels. I have 2 sets of the faux beadlocks on 2 different vehicles. The "beadlock" rings actually do a good job of protecting the wheels from rocks, curbs, or idiots at the tire store.

Never had a problem with balancing yet, although we don't play in the mud. It wouldnt be a bad idea to take the ring off once in a while to clean behind it.