Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Couple of questions about Nfab side steps

Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
luco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Lucas
luco1029's Tacoma Gallery
Couple of questions about Nfab side steps

For Christmas, my dad surprised me with some Nfab side steps for my taco. I have a few questions for my fellow taco owners before I begin putting them on. Do they bolt right on with holes already there? Also, I was wanting to ask around how long it would take for 2 people to install them?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
www.okledlightbars.com
zilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zilla68's Tacoma Gallery
that's a great gift.

I did a set on my 96 ford f350 crew cab and a set on my buddies 12 gmc and everything bolted up fine, took about an hour for us.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
sthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
sthrnprd116's Tacoma Gallery
The holes are already there and it took me about an hour. Most of my time was spent getting everything out.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Geo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
Geo Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have the NFab ones, I got a set from Avid Offroad, but it took me a whopping 20 minutes or so to put them on. Climb under the truck, look at the back of the body itself, not the frame and you should see 3 sets of holes with 2 holes at each set. One near the front of the cab, midway to the rear of the cab and one near the rear of the cab. They will be plugged with plastic "bolts" that kinda screw out/pull out. I did the install myself and used jack stands, with two people you won't need the stands.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
WarDamn is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
WarDamn's Tacoma Gallery
this can be done in 15-20 mins.. even with one person. just hand tighten them until you have all the screws in and then tighten.. easy like Sunday mornin...
Old 12-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
toyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Grunt
Name: Eric
toyohtadude's Tacoma Gallery
Took me 20 minutes and only because the passenger side needed some attitude to line up the holes properly.

Also, be aware that N-Fab bars are build here in the US. They authorized Smittybilt to make the same step tubes but theirs are manufactured in China. I bought the Smittybilt version and wasn't surprised to know they weren't perfect. But, they bolted on and work just as well I guess.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
As stated the holes are there with little plastic plugs that unscrew. It took me from setup to tear down maybe 30 minutes including using Blue Loctite on all bolts.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
Chuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement: ICE - San Diego Field Office
Chuy's Tacoma Gallery
I installed them solo. There are not too heavy. Bolts are 8mmX1.25 at 25-30mm long. I know the center bracket takes two bolts. Don't recall if the others take 2 or 1. At most, you'll need 12 bolts total. To dissuade thievery somewhat, I used four different head types & sizes of hex and Allen head configurations.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
nice dad.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
nice dad.
x2.

I love my N-Fab side steps but just be careful stepping on them in wet conditions because they get slick, assuming you have this model:

Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeetee View Post
x2.

I love my N-Fab side steps but just be careful stepping on them in wet conditions because they get slick, assuming you have this model:

Yeah, I think I am going to sand mine down and use some Rustoleum Bed Liner on the steps. Don't want momma slipping on them. I just step over them as it is easier at my height.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #14
luco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Lucas
luco1029's Tacoma Gallery
Well got em installed by myself and it took about 15 minutes!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #15
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDamn View Post
this can be done in 15-20 mins.. even with one person. just hand tighten them until you have all the screws in and then tighten.. easy like Sunday mornin...

Exactly - I was done with both sides in < 20 mins. Easiest 'mod' you may ever do.