Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME Lift Question for rear axle. searched already

Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
AgentSicker is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
AgentSicker's Tacoma Gallery
OME Lift Question for rear axle. searched already

ive decided to get the 3 inch OME lift for my 07' double cab tacoma. was wondering about the rear leaf setup. dakar leaf pack vs the add a leaf. does the dakar lift the rear higher than the add a leaf? just wondering if spending the extra money for the dakar leaf pack is worth it or not? is the ride quality different between the two? i have searched but have not found to many good answers on this topic. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars will get a DC on average , 2 1/2" of lift

If you do not tow or haul , I would suggest a 3 leaf AAL instead
Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Dakars will get a DC on average , 2 1/2" of lift

If you do not tow or haul , I would suggest a 3 leaf AAL instead

thanks for the response. when you suggest a 3 leaf AAL, do you mean the OME option that adds one more leaf to my stock leaf springs or is it something else?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentSicker View Post
thanks for the response. when you suggest a 3 leaf AAL, do you mean the OME option that adds one more leaf to my stock leaf springs or is it something else?
No , not OME

Wheelers has a 3 leaf AAL

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm
Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No , not OME

Wheelers has a 3 leaf AAL

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm
thanks for the help OZ-T. i am confused about one thing if you could help. wanting a 3 inch lift using the ome sport nitro shocks front and back with the ome 885 springs up front, the wheelers 3 Leaf AAL in the rear but it says only a 1.5" lift with the Wheelers 3 leaf AAL?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentSicker View Post
thanks for the help OZ-T. i am confused about one thing if you could help. wanting a 3 inch lift using the ome sport nitro shocks front and back with the ome 885 springs up front, the wheelers 3 Leaf AAL in the rear but it says only a 1.5" lift with the Wheelers 3 leaf AAL?
3" refers only to the lift in front. The 1.5" lift in the rear will give you an almost level stance. If you want to retain the factory rake reconsider Daks.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
3" refers only to the lift in front. The 1.5" lift in the rear will give you an almost level stance. If you want to retain the factory rake reconsider Daks.
This
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
With the Wheeler's progressive 3-leaf, is the 1.5" of lift achieved by leaving the stock overload leaf in? (It says they can be used with or without the overload . . . And why would you remove the overload leaves anyway?) Also, do they come with longer center pins in addition to the longer u-bolts?

I'm thinking of replacing my ToyTec add-a-leaves with the progressives for a less harsh ride.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Da_da View Post
With the Wheeler's progressive 3-leaf, is the 1.5" of lift achieved by leaving the stock overload leaf in? (It says they can be used with or without the overload . . . And why would you remove the overload leaves anyway?) Also, do they come with longer center pins in addition to the longer u-bolts?

I'm thinking of replacing my ToyTec add-a-leaves with the progressives for a less harsh ride.
You will get 1.5" above where it sits now if you leave your overload in. If you take the overload out, you're height gain will be <1.5". Personally, I left mine in. You can use the stock centerpins if you aren't installing axel shims