LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

should i get a new truck

Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
tacomawv, use the online sites for getting trade-in and resale values for your truck: edmunds, kelly and others. With the rarity of regular cabs, I would not think you would have to much trouble selling your truck yourself if advertised aggressively (craigslist).

When I began searching for my regular cab, few dealers had them. The salesmen all said they can't keep one on the lot for long because they sell so fast. The Dealerships do not like to stock them because there are few options to run up the price so most folks settle for an access cab rather than waiting for a regular cab.

My dealer traded a dealer in WV for two regular cabs, mine and another. The other was sold almost as fast as mine. There is a big demand for them
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
tell her only if you can get a tundra crewmax, that back seat would be like a bed.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #23
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
tacomawv, use the online sites for getting trade-in and resale values for your truck: edmunds, kelly and others. With the rarity of regular cabs, I would not think you would have to much trouble selling your truck yourself if advertised aggressively (craigslist).

When I began searching for my regular cab, few dealers had them. The salesmen all said they can't keep one on the lot for long because they sell so fast. The Dealerships do not like to stock them because there are few options to run up the price so most folks settle for an access cab rather than waiting for a regular cab.

My dealer traded a dealer in WV for two regular cabs, mine and another. The other was sold almost as fast as mine. There is a big demand for them
Depends on location. 2wd base regular cabs sells out quickly as it is the cheapest and perfect for a work truck. DC's are usually the hot seller around here (CA) and 4x4's regardless of what cab configuration sit longer on the lots since most don't want to pay extra for it, don't have the need or don't know how to use.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
I would wait till around feb / mar / apr sell it out right since people will have money either coming in or in their hands from tax returns. Dealer will not give you what its worth. Only advantage of trading it in is you won't pay as much sales tax on the new truck. If you get another one get the double cab. Don't make the same mistake and not long after you get the access cab you regret that one too for not enough room.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #26
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No Wife , Happy Life
fixed
Old 12-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #27
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomawv View Post
Told wife about the camper idea. Was not to happy
I don't know if any wife will sleep in an unheated, music free, wind noise laden camper while on the go. I don't blame her.

If your wife is a gem and it sounds like she is, take a loss and get an access or double cab. Be sure it's a long bed
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
DriverSound, Here in Ohio and WV where OP is from, 4X4 is very necessary. I would be hard pressed to recall the last 2WD Tacoma I saw, no matter what cab.

Yesterdays storm here left mostly ice. I needed 4X4 just getting home. My first few truckls were 2WD, I had to carry so much weight in winter to get around I could hardly haul a load in winter.

OPs 4X4 regular cab is a desired truck by many around here.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
DriverSound, Here in Ohio and WV where OP is from, 4X4 is very necessary. I would be hard pressed to recall the last 2WD Tacoma I saw, no matter what cab.

Yesterdays storm here left mostly ice. I needed 4X4 just getting home. My first few truckls were 2WD, I had to carry so much weight in winter to get around I could hardly haul a load in winter.

I don't recommend getting a 2WD if a 4WD/4x4 is available. All my trucks and SUV's have all been 4x4. Better to have it and not need it. I've lived in VA a few years ago. 4x4 and a shovel is a must.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #31
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

.... Except for the OP's wife.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #32
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
I don't know if any wife will sleep in an unheated, music free, wind noise laden camper while on the go. I don't blame her.

If your wife is a gem and it sounds like she is, take a loss and get an access or double cab. Be sure it's a long bed
oh i was not talking about sleeping in the campershell while driving! i thought he meant when stopped.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
tacomawv
tacomawv is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
tacomawv's Tacoma Gallery
Getting off work. Going to get wife and do a test drive. Will report back.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #34
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomawv View Post
Getting off work. Going to get wife and do a test drive. Will report back.
Tacomas hold awesome resale value, you should be fine.

I bought a 2011 access cab brand new and traded 1 year later with 20k miles for only $1600 less then I paid for it brand new.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #35
FILE IFR,

You got me there. You can't please everybody.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #36
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
fixed
so said the man with "no game".
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #37
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered telling her to just shut the fuck up and make you a sandwich?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #38
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingWhiteTac. View Post
Have you considered telling her to just shut the fuck up and make you a sandwich?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #39
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Lolz...

Get a more useful truck. DCLB FTW! and a Happy Wife.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #40
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Some people CAN'T have a Reg cab and for those reasons you are one of them. Buy something she likes. You'll be fine. Go for it. Good luck and I hope it says SUPERCHARGER somewhere in the paperwork.