Notices

should i get a new truck

Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
tacomawv
tacomawv is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
tacomawv's Tacoma Gallery
should i get a new truck

I have a 2011 reg. Cab with 17000 miles on it. My wife hates it. One reason is she can't drive it with anybody else and we can't take it on trips. I am wanting to take her on trips with my boat but she will not go. Her reason is she will be unable to sleep. The seat will not go back. I am concerned that I will lose to much if I trade it in but I don't want the hassle of selling it first. What do you think. Good or bad idea. Looking at a access cab with a 2.7 5 speed.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think its worth for you to trade it in, have you thought about getting a camper shell? the woman might like sleeping in that?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
go see what they offer on trade, if its not enough sell out right.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
2011Streaker's Tacoma Gallery
DCSB FTW!!!!one!!11!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
TheSloth has a spectacular aura aboutTheSloth has a spectacular aura about
Name: David
TheSloth's Tacoma Gallery
get a quote for carmax to buy it, they were willing to give me $3,000 more than dealer. It only takes 15 minutes for carmax to give you a value they will buy it for. I sold the same car for even more privately. Selling to someone else is worth the hassle. The person I sold it to asked to take it to dealer for inspection before buying it. I took it to the dealer for them and dropped it off, they met me at the dealer and I exchanged cash for signed over title.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
tacomawv

Called the dealer. Going to see what say after work. Told wife about the camper idea. Was not to happy . Hate to looks of dcsb. This is my second regular cab. Love them.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomawv View Post
Called the dealer. Going to see what say after work. Told wife about the camper idea. Was not to happy . Hate to looks of dcsb. This is my second regular cab. Love them.
why wasnt she happy about the camper??
she would rather sleep in a seat that doesnt even recline ALL the way, even in ext cabs.
in a camper she can have a mattress, blankets, snuggle time, etc?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hates the looks of dcsb.
Can't blame her
Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
The reasons i won't own a regular cab again
Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Access Cab has reclining front seats.

And the older ones, (mine's an 06) has rear seats that fold out, not up. Put down a camping pad and as long as you aren't taller than 5'5, nice mini bed
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Tripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tripps2012's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the access cab she can lay the seat back and you will be closer to the look of the regular cab.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
can you trade the wife in?

just kidding, just kidding
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
why wasnt she happy about the camper??
Some people have this funny thing about carbon monoxide poisoning.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
tacomawv

Love the wife. She buys me things for my truck and fishing gear. I fish 4 days a week all summer and she never complains. She just got me a new boat cover a a quantum smoke reel for Xmas. Avid sliders last year. Going to have to keep her
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I guess you're looking at a new truck then. Expect a $2-3K loss at trade in. You never win with a trade in.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
trade it in, it's so much easier!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Some people have this funny thing about carbon monoxide poisoning.
wouldnt it be the same inside the cab then??

Quote:
Love the wife. She buys me things for my truck and fishing gear. I fish 4 days a week all summer and she never complains. She just got me a new boat cover a a quantum smoke reel for Xmas. Avid sliders last year. Going to have to keep her
what did she say she didnt like about the camper?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #20
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
making a HUGE assumption here:

i bet she wants to sleep in a reclined seat while her husband is driving. sleeping in the back, even under a camper-shell is a gamble with CO. i imagine it is rare, because i see dogs in campers all the time. some creative venting can go a long way.

get an access cab. eat the money loss. happy wife is the goal.