Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exhaust Hardware

Old 12-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust Hardware

my hardware rusted and fell apart between my cat and exhaust pipe. i looked up the part on advance's website, but it doesnt quite look like what i have. then again, that could be because they have rusted and fallen apart. i tried looking up the hardware part on an online toyota part website, but it doesnt show up in the diagram. can someone help me find it?

2005 4x4 2.7
Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
I tried, but couldn't find any bolts in the diagrams. I even looked in the "Body Hardware" section.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
Yeah thats the same diagram i was looking at too.

Ok a new idea. Anyone want to snap a picture of what the hardware on their truck's catalytic converter looks like?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
i found one image of the cat to exhaust pipe in the haynes repair manual. from what i can tell its not the spring/bolt setup like on the exhaust manifold. this connection doesn't have to pivot like with the manifold to the cat right? i could just use some bolts and lock washers i have laying around to bolt this all back together i think.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
I bolted everything back up complete with new gasket. I can feel a sligjt exhaust leak at the top gap though. Any ideas?