Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Patiently waiting......

Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Patiently waiting......

on my new 285/75/16 BFG ATs and 885 coils to level my lift! Stepping up from 265s. Neither tires nor coils are in yet. Christmas and a local ice storm has slowed the process down, but I'm impatient. Can't wait until it all is here and installed! I will be sitting in a chair by my truck just 'ing
Old 12-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get new wheels too?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Did you get new wheels too?
No. Still have the same aftermarket wheels.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Cool. Enjoy !
Old 12-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Cool. Enjoy !
I'll try. I hope I made the right choice to level my lift. I have 5100s in the front, but with stock coils. So I ordered 885 coils and will set my shock to 0. That will raise the front some, right? I only need 1/2" more.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
I'll try. I hope I made the right choice to level my lift. I have 5100s in the front, but with stock coils. So I ordered 885 coils and will set my shock to 0. That will raise the front some, right? I only need 1/2" more.
Yeah 885 will give 2 1/2 lift. Same setup that i run.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Yeah 885 will give 2 1/2 lift. Same setup that i run.
Sweet. I know the shocks are supposed to be 2.5", but since I have stock coils, it only gets an extra like 1.9" so I only need 1/2" plus I have 2" in the rear.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
revised
Quote:
Sweet. I know the shocks are supposed to be 2.5", but since I have stock coils, it only gets an extra like 1.9" so I only need 1/2" plus I have 2" in the rear.
Nice. You'll really like how it handles.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Nice. You'll really like how it handles.
Yes. I won't be bouncing everywhere now. Lol
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
revised
Quote:
And it will be level instead of the stock look right? I want the level look.
I have tsb springs will an aal. I have a slight forward rake.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
I have tsb springs will an aal. I have a slight forward rake.
Hmmm. Even with top plate spacers on the coils?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #13
revised
Quote:
Hmmm. Even with top plate spacers on the coils?
No spacers except for 1/4 spacer on driver side for the taco lean.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
No spacers except for 1/4 spacer on driver side for the taco lean.
Okay. Well dang. I want to get rid of the rake. I want level with the rear. Ideas?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #15
revised
Quote:
Okay. Well dang. I want to get rid of the rake. I want level with the rear. Ideas?
Put it together and see how it looks. Go from there.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Put it together and see how it looks. Go from there.
Yeah. If its close to level, I'll leave it. If its not, what's something I could do to get it close enough?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
revised
Quote:
Yeah. If its close to level, I'll leave it. If its not, what's something I could do to get it close enough?
1/2 spacers but i dont think youll need them.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #18
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
1/2 spacers but i dont think youll need them.
I hope not. I'll just wait and see. Thanks! Pics will follow after install.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
The Blue Warrior

And the product:

285/75/16 BFG ATs. Love the new stance with the coils (It is level.)