Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trade In tuck values? Prices?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Trade In tuck values? Prices?

Hey guys. I have a 2010 tacoma sr5 4x4 dc. About 36,000 miles on it. I wanna trade it into the dealer. I wanna get a first gen and lower my payments and my loan. Wanna save some money. Right now its lifted 3inches but wanna put it back to stock and trade it in.

I was looking at prices online and
kbb says I can get
  • Good
    $21,861..
What do you guys think they could give me. Right now its lifted but I wanna return it to stock. I picked good/ok conditon cause it does has scratches on the paint, the tail gate is dinged up but besides that its fine. I wanna touch up the paint and try to make it look somewhat new lol. If I got 20k for it I would be happy. What do you guys think I could get for it. Is it better trading it in at the dealer and getting a check or going to a small place. I do owe money on the truck but that shouldnt matter right? Thanks guys
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
selling it to carmax/private would be best bet. dealers are stealers, but besides that.

you want a first gen, to lower your payments. i dont know of any dealer (besides a buy here pay here, or a small ringy dingy used car lot) that will finance a vehicle that old.

how much do you owe on your 2010
Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
N

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
selling it to carmax/private would be best bet. dealers are stealers, but besides that.

you want a first gen, to lower your payments. i dont know of any dealer (besides a buy here pay here, or a small ringy dingy used car lot) that will finance a vehicle that old.

how much do you owe on your 2010
Thanks for the infor. I can get a new loan for the first gen np. Never had a issue with my last cars.

I brought my Tacoma brand new. I owe 14k left on it. If I can get 20k for it and pay my loan, I would have about 5 to 6k left for a down payment on a first gen. Like a 03 to 04
Old 12-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
double_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to all
double_b's Tacoma Gallery
You're best bet is to sell it privately. Hands down you will get a lot more for it ESPECIALLY if you try to trade it in on a cheaper option. The dealer will hammer you on it because they will see you are desperate...hell they'll hammer you whether they sense that or not.

There isn't THAT much time and effort in selling it privately so just suck it up and do it. The 4 or 5 grand more you will get will be WELL worth the time and effort you put into it. Trust me.

I had a '01 first gen that I had for over 8 years...extended cab SR5, 4 banger 5 speed no power windows I sold for 10,750 privately(Paid 20,500 for it new....Tacomas F**K Yeah!!!).....took that cash to the dealer and put down on a brand new 2011 TRD Off Road DBL Cab. When I was making my deal I asked the salesman(had used him twice before for my wife'ss Highlanders) what he would have given me trade in for the first gen....he said 6500 max......I basically made 4 grand by selling it myself. You need to look at it that way.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Thanks for the infor. I can get a new loan for the first gen np. Never had a issue with my last cars.

I brought my Tacoma brand new. I owe 14k left on it. If I can get 20k for it and pay my loan, I would have about 5 to 6k left for a down payment on a first gen. Like a 03 to 04
then your fastest bet is to inquire with carmax, see what theyll give you, theyll pay the diff of the loan (or give you the money too and you write them a bill of sale temporarily, im not sure, never dealt with them) then yes use the diff to buy your 1st gen.

you should have no issue getting 20k, if they dont give you what you want post on craigslist or your local paper and wait a month or two
Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Thanks for the infor guys. You are really helping me out. I know I can make more money on a private sale. I figured that much. I kind of didn't wanna go though the hassle of selling it privately even though now that I think about it, it's not that bad. I deff wanna go to th dealer and Carmax and just see what they would give me you know. So I know what I'm dealing with.

The only thing that scares me is there gonna take off money cause it had scratches on the paint. It not like the whole truck is covered but there deff are there. I hope once I touch it up with factory paint, it will blend in more you know. Thanks guys.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
2011Streaker's Tacoma Gallery
have you looked into refinancing your current auto loan? lower your payment a little that way and keep the bigger truck youve already built?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Streaker View Post
have you looked into refinancing your current auto loan? lower your payment a little that way and keep the bigger truck youve already built?
No I haven't. I could do that but I really want a first gen. The 2.7 so I get alittle
Better mpgs.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I traded a 2010 SR5 4x4 in July and the Toyota dealer gave me 23.5K for it.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I traded a 2010 SR5 4x4 in July and the Toyota dealer gave me 23.5K for it.
Wow. Really. What's the condition of it. Was it like new or had some scratches on the paint and stuff .
Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow. Really. What's the condition of it. Was it like new or had some scratches on the paint and stuff .
good condition...good paint (one scratch on the tailgate, not deep but about 12" long)...clean interior...some normal bed scratches...needed tires...
Old 12-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
good condition...good paint (one scratch on the tailgate, not deep but about 12" long)...clean interior...some normal bed scratches...needed tires...
Oh ok. Thanks for the infor. Yeah mine has scratches on the paint, the tail gate is dinged up and some little paint chipping on the front bumper that I need to fix before I trade it in.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
youre going to need to put the stock exhaust back on it for anyone to buy it, or find the right buyer for it.... dealer will say the exhaust devalues it as they will in turn have to find the right buyer. even though you can put 4-5k down on a 1st gen, your payments wont be that much lower as they are not going to finance 5-6yrs like you currently are....
Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
youre going to need to put the stock exhaust back on it for anyone to buy it, or find the right buyer for it.... dealer will say the exhaust devalues it as they will in turn have to find the right buyer. even though you can put 4-5k down on a 1st gen, your payments wont be that much lower as they are not going to finance 5-6yrs like you currently are....
I plan on putting it to stock, removing the muffler and tips and putting it back to stock for sure. I already asked my bank and and they said no problem. I never had a problem financing a older truck or SUV.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I plan on putting it to stock, removing the muffler and tips and putting it back to stock for sure. I already asked my bank and and they said no problem. I never had a problem financing a older truck or SUV.
Where do you get financing? The lenders in my area won't finance a used vehicle over 5 to 7 years old for more than 24 months. Not any reputable lender anyway. The few that will do it require a shorter loan length, increased APR, and larger down payment.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoster View Post
Where do you get financing? The lenders in my area won't finance a used vehicle over 5 to 7 years old for more than 24 months. Not any reputable lender anyway. The few that will do it require a shorter loan length, increased APR, and larger down payment.
Well the local banks near me I'm Boston,ma. I have never had a problem getting one. Maybe cause my dad co signs for me but I always get one and never miss a payment. I'm gonna put about a 5 to 6 k down payment on it. So after all said and done, I'll only have a 5 k loan.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
interested in what carmax offers...
Old 12-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
i traded my '10 base taco 3 months ago to the dealer i got it from, they gave me 10k but i owed 8k. plenty for the condition it was in, scratched to hell and a few dents lol
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SpeedwaySport View Post
interested in what carmax offers...
Yeah I am too. Once I get it back to stock and take the lift off, fix the paint and stuff, I'll bring it to them and let you guys know how much they offered me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
i traded my '10 base taco 3 months ago to the dealer i got it from, they gave me 10k but i owed 8k. plenty for the condition it was in, scratched to hell and a few dents lol
That's good. So you pocketed about 2grand. That's great I'm hoping to get 20k. If I can get that, I can put about 6k down payment on the new truck and ill b happy.