LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how to flush engine coolant?

Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
how to flush engine coolant?

How do you flush/drain engine coolant and also windshield washer fluid? because i think my windshield fluid is getting... "stale"????

And I am going to put 50/50 in the coolant but i dont want to mix the Toyota and 50/50 together
Old 01-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
haha yeah it does... its cool
Old 01-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
how many miles on the coolant?? you dont need to do a coolant flush til 100k miles with the toyota pink(super long life) coolant. and no real need to "drain" the washer fluid.............add some new to it and keep on using it.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
ok can i have the rainx fluid mixed with the regular toyota Windshield fluid?

I have 3 years with 69,3xx miles with it. Pretty much ALL road miles
Old 01-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
best way to do it is to find and under one of the heater hoses found on the motor and stick your garden hose in the radiator openeing and watch the old coolant come out, once clean water comes out stop the hose. start filling the radiator until fresh coolant comes out the heater hose, put the heater hose back on and continue filling the system, run and verify proper operation of the cooling system and your done
Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
ok can i have the rainx fluid mixed with the regular toyota Windshield fluid?

I have 3 years with 69,3xx miles with it. Pretty much ALL road miles
yep........add the rain x to the washer fluid,works well...............and you are good to go with the coolant til 100k miles man. just trying to save ya some $!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
ok good. Thanks man. yeah I have this gallon of 50/50 from our former BMW and only used about 3 cups of it
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
how many miles on the coolant?? you dont need to do a coolant flush til 100k miles with the toyota pink(super long life) coolant. and no real need to "drain" the washer fluid.............add some new to it and keep on using it.
Really?

That's sooo hard to accept. Same as the tranny oil. It bugs the crap outta me that I can't check it with a dipstick!!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
It bugs the crap outta me that I can't check it with a dipstick!!
X2!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Really?

That's sooo hard to accept. Same as the tranny oil. It bugs the crap outta me that I can't check it with a dipstick!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2!
thats the one thing i didnt like about my 06................the sealed tranny that had no dipstick. for the coolant tho..............yeah, you can change it early, and there are tests that can check the coolant life too, but the 100k is just by the book. i think tho, with coolant, you can probably tell,to a point anyway, that it may be time to change it.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #11
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
dipstick for the radiator? REALLY?