1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LEER 100R (windoors) vs 100XR vs Ranch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Fireman217, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Dec 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM
    Fireman217

Fireman217 [OP] New Member

Member:
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB Sport
    Been doing some cap shopping lately and have read through some of the posts here. I know a lot of people are fans of the windoors, which look like a great option but I have two concerns before spending $250 on them.

1. I'm a short guy at 5'7". With the windoor open will I really be able to reach stuff in the front of my bed? If so will I be scratching the side of my truck with constant use?

2. Also, at some point we'll be adding a dog to the family soon so the factory pet screens seem like a good idea. Anyone have any experience with them? I'm assuming the 1/2 sliders on the XR with pet screens are a better choice than riding down the road with the windoors open?

Anyone have any experience with Ranch caps?

Thanks in advance!

2. Dec 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Q. 1. No. You'll need a stick- isn't that what hockey sticks are for? The flip up window has been a lifesaver for loading and unloading.

3. Dec 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    truckalter

truckalter Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Waynesville, NC
    We carry Ranch in our stores... they are nice caps. Not quite up there with the high end brands but typically hundreds less as well with the same lifetime warranty.

Their windoors are nice. we sell them with screens all the time and never had an unhappy customer.

Products Discussed in

To Top