Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift Measurement Questions

Old 12-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Measurement Questions

So I lifted my truck a few days ago and got an alignment yesterday. I forgot to do before measurements, but I found some from someone with an '06 AC so I'm using those (20" in the front and 21.75" in the rear).

My current measurements after installing my Radflos were:
FD - 22.75"
FP - 23.5"
RD - 25"
RP - 26.5"

I'm on a level surface yet, I can't see any evidence of Taco lean, which I find interesting. Any thoughts?

I'm also hoping someone can comment on my CV angles to put my mind at ease...

Old 12-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What did you use for front lift ?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What did you use for front lift ?
Radflos. Fully adjustable.
Dakars in the rear.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like you got a ton of rear lift

Can't you just adjust the Radflos to correct for your lean ?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Seems like you got a ton of rear lift

Can't you just adjust the Radflos to correct for your lean ?
I can adjust the Radflos and I think I made a mistake on my rear springs. I put the + spring on the passenger side and the - spring on the driver side, however I was told that the Dakars are not side dependent.

I can't even tell there is any lean. My real question was about my CV angles. Are they too steep?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
cv's look great.....
Old 12-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
cv's look great.....
Okay thanks!

Will bringing the FD side up to the FP side lift the RD side?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
any pics of the trucks profile post lift?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
any pics of the trucks profile post lift?
Just this one...

Old 12-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
barker14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Just this one...

That looks quite high in the back to me. What's that on the floor your parked over?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barker14 View Post
That looks quite high in the back to me. What's that on the floor your parked over?
A lift...

Old 12-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How is it driving?

I assume you will be throwing some bigger donuts on there.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How is it driving?

I assume you will be throwing some bigger donuts on there.
It's driving great. Not pulling or not wandering. Barely any, if at all, vibrations after the alignment.

285/70/17s will be going on eventually. Probably MT/Rs. I was thinking about getting them this weekend, but I'd rather save the tread wear for my overlanding trip across the country.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
Bush Pusher

Quote:
It's driving great. Not pulling or not wandering. Barely any, if at all, vibrations after the alignment.

285/70/17s will be going on eventually. Probably MT/Rs. I was thinking about getting them this weekend, but I'd rather save the tread wear for my overlanding trip across the country.
nice! Enjoy. You have a sweet ride.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
A lift...

That's slick. I can't really tell from my phone but who makes that?
Old 12-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #16
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.atlasautoequipment.com/products/mr-06

I think that's what it is.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can adjust the Radflos and I think I made a mistake on my rear springs. I put the + spring on the passenger side and the - spring on the driver side, however I was told that the Dakars are not side dependent.

I can't even tell there is any lean. My real question was about my CV angles. Are they too steep?
Swap sides on the Dakars

They are not side specific per se , but a + means that particular pack is over spec so it would be better suited on the driver's side
Old 12-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nice! Enjoy. You have a sweet ride.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barker14 View Post
That's slick. I can't really tell from my phone but who makes that?
See below and yes it's awesome. Not mine, but a friend's. Pretty affordable too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
Correct.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
sexual ninja

Quote:
Thanks!

See below and yes it's awesome. Not mine, but a friend's. Pretty affordable too.

Correct.
Thanks for the info. Truck is looking good as well! Swap sides on the Dakars and you should be closer to level in the back. Glad to hear no vibrations!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Swapping sides on the Daks will help your front measurement difference as well