Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What style Tacoma do I have?

Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
MWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
Name: Mark
MWall's Tacoma Gallery
Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not anti-4X2 or Pre-Runner, or anything else, just didn't realize they made one, but it does give some good options. I still question, why not buy a 4X4 in the first place?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #22
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWall View Post
Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not anti-4X2 or Pre-Runner, or anything else, just didn't realize they made one, but it does give some good options. I still question, why not buy a 4X4 in the first place?
well the way i see it 4x4 does kill the gas mileage and cost a few grand extra, and if someone doesnt do alot of off roading a locker w/ 2wd can be magical, cheaper and use less gas. or you can do it for the supension upgrade and the locker is just a bonus.

when i had my 2010 2wd base reg cab a locker would have been a game changer
Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPROMAN View Post
TXPRO 2012
...so was there any point in you posting this or did you just feel the need to show off your truck?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #24
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
OP, you have a double cab.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #25
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
...so was there any point in you posting this or did you just feel the need to show off your truck?

If you're a Texan and dont tell everyone you meet that you are from Texas immediately, its grounds for having your Texas nationality retracted.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/12/te...here-hes-from/

Heh.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #26
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
you have a v6 SR5, NON TRD. the reason for the alloy wheels is that toyota made some sr5 models with LSD - limited slip differential, that came with those wheels. its also a prerunner, the easiest way to tell that is by the 6 lug hubs, and the truck only being 4x2... toyotas baby trucks have 5 lug hubs that are non prerunners...

/thread
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #27
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, OP. You might find some help piecing it together by comparing what you know about your truck with the packages listed for that year on Edmunds or another site. Examining the VIN might be interesting, too.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #28
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
I had this picture on a other thread . E Z 2 copy paste
Old 12-31-2012, 06:56 AM   #29
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgtho View Post
Cool story bro
That chrome is blinding me.
I like the chrome. It breaks up the black. Thatís y they make Red heads Blonde and Brunette. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #30
Goof Ball

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
They also make black hair. You can get it with accents of chrome too - its just expensive, and called diamonds.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #31
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWall View Post
Extra cost
MPG hit (though minimal)
Extra weight (reduces payload capacity)
Additional components to fail
Additional maintenance

I have never "needed" a 4x4 in MY truck usage. Twice it could have come in handy... I got out of the situation, but it took some effort. A locker or even LSD would have got me out of those two times just as well as 4x4.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #32
HomerLovesFire has a spectacular aura aboutHomerLovesFire has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter: Lieutenant
HomerLovesFire's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMan View Post
Extra cost
MPG hit (though minimal)
Extra weight (reduces payload capacity)
Additional components to fail
Additional maintenance

I have never "needed" a 4x4 in MY truck usage. Twice it could have come in handy... I got out of the situation, but it took some effort. A locker or even LSD would have got me out of those two times just as well as 4x4.
The main reason I went with a PreRunner w a locker. It's not 4x4, but its the next best thing.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #33
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
So a preunner trd offraod can engage the locker anytime? I ask casue we need 4L to engage the lockers on a 4x4
Old 12-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #34
MWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
MWall's Tacoma Gallery
ManMan, My first vehicle was a 4X2 dodge dakota, long wheel base. I spent years in denial, putting the largest AT tires I could fit on it hoping it would magically become awesome. Truth is, it wasn't! I got stuck once , on my birthday, at Land Between the Lakes KY trying to go fishing, not mudding, not doing any "off-loading" just down a steep ravine with a gravel/rock road. As much as I tried I could not get back up the hill! It cost me a hundred bucks or so and several hours to get a tow truck to get me out. Since then I've never owned a vehicle that wasn't 4X4. I'm not an extreme off roader, or big trail guy, I just know I want the ability to get out of a tough situation when needed. After I got my first 4X4, a '93 toyota truck, we had a few inches of snow in TN and I slid off the road... I got out, locked in the hubs and drove straight out with no issue... I was sold. I'll never own anything but a 4X4! I'm not saying YOU need one, I really don't care what anyone else drives, I'm just explaining why I have a 4X4 TRD Off Road... soon to be 3" higher! Happy new year TW!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #35
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If this gets turned into a 4x4 vs. Prerunner argument/shitthrowing festival, Im gonna make some people very unhappy for the new year.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #36
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
you have a v6 SR5, NON TRD. the reason for the alloy wheels is that toyota made some sr5 models with LSD - limited slip differential, that came with those wheels. its also a prerunner, the easiest way to tell that is by the 6 lug hubs, and the truck only being 4x2... toyotas baby trucks have 5 lug hubs that are non prerunners...

/thread
The wheels are a stand alone RPO for a Tacoma with SR5 trim and have nothing to do with the rear diff
Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #37
Air Force:
MWall's Tacoma Gallery
Not my intent. Buy what you want, enjoy what you will. I'm not negative towards any 4X2 or 4X4 and I don't care either way. Didn't mean to start an argument for either.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #38
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If this gets turned into a 4x4 vs. Prerunner argument/shitthrowing festival, Im gonna make some people very unhappy for the new year.
Chris, just seeing that made me happy. Well done, and Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #39
HomerLovesFire has a spectacular aura aboutHomerLovesFire has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter: Lieutenant
HomerLovesFire's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
So a preunner trd offraod can engage the locker anytime? I ask casue we need 4L to engage the lockers on a 4x4
It's intended to be used as soon as you get stuck. You can turn it on at anytime, but its recommended to not exceed 5mph while operating it. 4x4 is def better than 2x4 with a locker there's no argument for that. But the locker def lets me have a good time and get into a little trouble. And that's good enough for me.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #40
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Lol at this thread.