What style Tacoma do I have?

Old 12-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
tec451 is on a distinguished road
tec451's Tacoma Gallery
What style Tacoma do I have?

How do I find out what style Tacoma I have? It is a 4x2 4 door V6. Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Can you post a picture of the truck? Then we can tell if its a base, sr5, trd offroad, or trd sport.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
HomerLovesFire has a spectacular aura aboutHomerLovesFire has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter: Lieutenant
HomerLovesFire's Tacoma Gallery
Post some pics to help us out. Sounds like you have a PreRunner based on your description.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
tec451 is on a distinguished road
tec451's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a photo.
Attached Thumbnails
What style Tacoma do I have?-image.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mean by "style"?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
HomerLovesFire has a spectacular aura aboutHomerLovesFire has a spectacular aura about

Whats it say on the Tail? For EX. I have a 2009 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 TRD off-road Package. On the rear right and left sides of my truck is the TRD symbol/sticker. the TRD symbol is for my upgraded suspension, Tow Package, Locking Rear Diff, Offroad tires, etc) On my Tailgate is the PreRunner Symbol, (to obviously show its a PreRunner), SR5 for the upgraded interior package ( leather wrapped steering wheel, rear view camera, etc) and the V6 for my Engine. Hope this helps. I didnt see any TRD markings anywhere, so I am assuming you probably don't have that upgrade. you can also check on the interior for the locking rear diff switch, on the left hand side next to the steering wheel.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec451 View Post
Here is a photo.
By the pic it looks to be a SR5, or a TRD Off Road by the wheels and TRD sticker could have been debadged. Need a pic of inside
Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
Those rims are available as a standalone option separate from the Off-Road package. Need to see the interior seats and/or the passenger side of the bed.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Is this for realz?

Is it gengnam style?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
Lurker. is on a distinguished road
Lurker.'s Tacoma Gallery
Funny, cause I've been wondering the same thing about my Taco since I bought it.

I have the Bilstein shocks, locking rear dif, and tow package, but NO TRD stickers. I know I have the SR5 package cause it's written on the tailgate, but don't know what else. Do I have a de-badged TRD somethingorother?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
By the pic it looks to be a SR5, or a TRD Off Road by the wheels and TRD sticker could have been debadged. Need a pic of inside
But he said it was a 4x2
Old 12-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker. View Post
Funny, cause I've been wondering the same thing about my Taco since I bought it.

I have the Bilstein shocks, locking rear dif, and tow package, but NO TRD stickers. I know I have the SR5 package cause it's written on the tailgate, but don't know what else. Do I have a de-badged TRD somethingorother?
It sounds like you do
Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
But he said it was a 4x2
It can be all those things as a PreRunner.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
TXPRO 2012
Old 12-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPROMAN View Post
TXPRO 2012
Cool story bro
That chrome is blinding me.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
MWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
Name: Mark
MWall's Tacoma Gallery
They really make a TRD "off road" 4X2? That seems silly. My second question is... how do you not know what you bought?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
MWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
Name: Mark
MWall's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWall View Post
They really make a TRD "off road" 4X2? That seems silly. My second question is... how do you not know what you bought?
and then I found a locked thread on the silliness of having a TRD Off Road marked 4X2 Pre-Runner... doesn't make sense to me, but nothing does since "we" re-elected Obama!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #20

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWall View Post
Not to get into a 4x2 vs. 4x4 discussion like many posts on this site, but the TRD off road package with the rear locker can allow for the 4x2s to go light to moderate trail riding and beach cruising with no problems. I've done it many times, and only get stuck when I start really goofing off. And having my 4x4 buddies around with me for support is also not a bad idea either.