Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brand new Taco with rattling behind dash

Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
Brand new Taco with rattling behind dash

Hey guys, anyone have/had issues with a rattling sound coming from behind the dash the head unit? It only occurs going down a rougher concrete road? (30 mph public street). I've got an appt already set up at the dealer.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar issue when I first got my truck , ended up being a loose bolt
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I had a similar issue when I first got my truck , ended up being a loose bolt
Really... Serpentine?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpgillespie View Post
Really... Serpentine?
No , I'm human
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
Quote:
No , I'm human
Human, serpentine belt?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Human, serpentine belt?
My noise was a loose bolt behind the dash
Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
Quote:
My noise was a loose bolt behind the dash
Geez forgive my tard moment, I read belt... Just got home from 9 hour drive... Lol. I appreciate your help
Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, I'm human

Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Geez forgive my tard moment, I read belt... Just got home from 9 hour drive... Lol. I appreciate your help
I was like
Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
Quote:
I was like
Yeah... Me too
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
i used to think my dash rattled...found out it was my keys
Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #13
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
I had a rattle in the dashboard of both of my Jeeps.

Then I found out its a factory installed option in every one of them.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #15
Goof Ball

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
So would you say that that is standard equipment or is that an optional add on package?
Oh its a Jeep thing. You wouldn't understand.

Or at least thats what everyone told me as I poured the contents of my wallet into it.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #16
It turned out to be a loose piece of plastic that acts as a funnel behind the vents. They insulated it and reinstalled. No more rattle! The dealer gave me a loaner Prius. I felt liked was driving a space ship. I took are of all my errands and across town and only spent $5 in gas.... Not bad!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Next post: "Sold my Taco for a Prius... What's the biggest tire I can fit in my Prius without trimming?"
Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^Next post: "Sold my Taco for a Prius... What's the biggest tire I can fit in my Prius without trimming?"

Haha!! Never......