1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New HID stuck on high beam

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ArmyTacoGuy, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Dec 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    ArmyTacoGuy

ArmyTacoGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Naples, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab 2wd 2.7L
    black rim mod multi color LED's on floor boards Blacked out tail lights and headlights black emblems and white one in grille Police grade siren and PA system Glass Pack bull horn wired to radio in cab 10'' Kicker Bass House custom made intake hellogen bulbs Roof running lights aftermarket head unit
    Just put In bi xenon 8k HID's and the driver side is stuck in high beam whys this and can someone show me a good ballast mount too please

2. Dec 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    Badgtho

Badgtho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    CT
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD sport 6spd
    TRD exhaust, TRD beadlock wheels, moto xtender
    Why don't we start with what kit you used and how it's wired.

3. Dec 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    LEGITacoma

LEGITacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma Prerunner
    Rockford Fosgate T0 in a Ported Box, Hifonics 1000.1, Pioneer AVIC Z-120BT Headunit w/ Rearview Camera
    Make sure you didn't put it in upside down. I think they have a shield that moves on the highbeams. If the shield is above the light then they will be in highbeam mode. That's my guess.

4. Dec 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    ArmyTacoGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Naples, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab 2wd 2.7L
    black rim mod multi color LED's on floor boards Blacked out tail lights and headlights black emblems and white one in grille Police grade siren and PA system Glass Pack bull horn wired to radio in cab 10'' Kicker Bass House custom made intake hellogen bulbs Roof running lights aftermarket head unit
    It's an H4 kit idk the brand I'm out of the house right now but, it does have the shield but I put both of them on the bottom... It's a plug and go kit not much to it

5. Dec 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    That's the Toyota God's telling you that it's not cool for you to blind oncoming traffic, so you should remove them. Just sayin'.

6. Dec 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    Motorized high beams, I believe (lights move in to expose more light from behind the middle diffuser). Mine too. Check to see if youve reversed the smallest gauge wires coming off of the light socket.
    As for mounting, Ive done a lot of work to make engine bays look nice before but Ive also been frustrated as hell when it comes time to service and maintain. With mine I zip tied them up under the rad support member just above the light. Easy access = less frustration. Also I have never had an issue with them coming loose or getting wet.
    IMG00762-20121230-1452.jpg

7. Dec 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    ArmyTacoGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Naples, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab 2wd 2.7L
    Thank u much ill give it a shot tomorrow. Could u show me a pic of the wire if u have one if not ill figure it out

8. Dec 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    I am using a Beamers 6000k 35w set up. Not sure what yours will be but I suspect its similar.
    This is a shot of the wires coming from the light.
    IMG00763-20121230-1646.jpg
    This is the separate wires. The thick ones (18 awg) are for the light going to the ballast. The small ones (22 or 23 awg) are going to the light controller relay for the motor in the lights ( I believe its actually a magnetic actuator but they call it motorized)
    I use Dielectric grease for all of the connections, it keeps a seal on the connectors (from water and dust) and also inhibits corrosion. After that I tape it up Red Green style for protection from rubbing and more dirt and water.
    IMG00765-20121230-1651.jpg
    Hope this helps

9. Dec 31, 2012 at 5:13 AM
    ArmyTacoGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Naples, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab 2wd 2.7L
    ok so ive realized its accually my passenger one stuck on high beam after taking it for a spin last nigh this is the kit my GF got me
    HID CONVERSION KIT 7x6 H6054 HEADLIGHTS H4 240SX MR2

there 8000k not sure on watts havent seen it said anywhere
    here's some pics of the wiring and my truck u can see the left one is much brighter...

IMG_0540[1].jpg
    IMG_0541[1].jpg
    IMG_0542[1].jpg

10. Dec 31, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    Check to make sure the bulb is seated correctly. I had a hell of a time getting mine installed with the stupid way the light clip was designed.
    If you have 4 wires going to each light one pair will be for the motor.
    Try changing the polarity of these wires.
    Heres a pic of my wire diagram.
    beamers.jpg
    Also here is the link for troubleshooting your lights.
    http://www.hidkitxenonlights.com/installation
    Other than trying these I do not have any other ideas.
    Maybe a bad bulb.

11. Sep 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    JSLATTSAZ

JSLATTSAZ New Member

Member:
    I have the same issue, let me know what works....
    Thanks

12. Sep 16, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sorry they're a problem, but good god that light output is awful. Please get projectors

13. Sep 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    This. It's bad enough with a 4000-6000k bulb without projectors, but that blue tint is god awful annoying.

Also have fun getting pulled over as it is very illegal to run 8k headlights.

14. Sep 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    Capt. Obvious

Capt. Obvious Fearless Keyboard Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrick
    Gig Harbor
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB TRD
    6" body lift, LEDs errwhere, Jesus mural on the hood
    Do the world a favor and remove those from your truck and do it the correct way by retrofitting proper bixenon projectors. You're only fooling yourself if you think the light output is better, and instead you're just blinding everyone coming towards you.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top