Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Illuminate Heated Seat Switch

Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Sigo is on a distinguished road
Name: Bruce
Sigo's Tacoma Gallery
Illuminate Heated Seat Switch

I purchased a carbon fiber universal heated seat kit off of ebay. It's for two seats, just like the one in this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber...sories&vxp=mtr.
I'm in the process of doing the install and am a little confused regarding the wiring. The switch has a total of six wires coming out. Four go to the seats (two pair each). There are two other wires, a red and a yellow, which I assume are for illuminating the switch. If anyone has any suggestions, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Edit: Upon further review, the red wire goes to the switch circuit board and is mark as "ON." The yellow wire goes to the switch circuit board and is marked "LED." Also coming out of the swith are four more wires bundled together. They are black, purple, blue and green. From what I can tell, the blue goes to the driver side and the green goes to the passenger side. The purple goes to the relay 85 post. Black goes to the relay post 86.

So for the wiring, I believe I've got it mostly figured out. Red and black from relay go to power and ground respectively. The part I'm still confused about is the red and yellow wires coming out of the switch. Any ideas?

EDIT: Problem sorted out. The red wire ties into power and when the switch is turned on it activates the relay to send power to the seats. Yellow was to illuminate the switch when the lights are turned on.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
jgunccrugby is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jgunccrugby's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know how it works. That could do wonders for my back.
How was the install into the seat?
Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Sigo's Tacoma Gallery
Putting the elements into the seat were not that bad. Purchased a good set of hog ring pliers and followed the instructions posted elsewhere on the site. I've got the passenger seat done and will start the drivers today.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
satcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud of
Air Force: Satellite Communications
Name: Rick
satcom221's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you end up putting the control switch? Post up some pics of your install.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Sigo, When you removed the seats to install them, did you have to do anything special to disconnect the airbags?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #7
Sigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
Sigo, When you removed the seats to install them, did you have to do anything special to disconnect the airbags?
Nothing special to disconnect. Just a normal looging plug.

I also recommend a decent set of hog ring pliers vice the zip ties FWIW. I thought they were fairly easy to use and felt much more comfortable with them (over the zip ties) from a longevity perspective. I would hate to have to repeat the process to replace a failed zip tie.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
Sigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcom221 View Post
Where did you end up putting the control switch? Post up some pics of your install.
I put the switch just to the left of the third cup holder, south of the gear shift.