Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Someone educate me on my suspension

Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Compton is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
Compton's Tacoma Gallery
Someone educate me on my suspension

so i recently bought my 'new to me" 07 sr5 taco a few months ago.. when installing my winter tires on stock rims i noticed it appears to sit a little higher than most other tacos. I have taken a few pics this evening to get a little more insight on this revtek lift or leveling kit with the hope of someone out there able to identify what it is

Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see any images.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Denver ..... Is just like Compton .
Old 12-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
It appears that you have a spacer lift and that is basicicaly the shittiest and cheapest way to lift the truck, all it does is compress the spring by putting the spacer on the top.

Edit: as he said ^ not good for offroad and stiffens the front up a bit.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
MWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
Name: Mark
MWall's Tacoma Gallery
If you aren't planning on hitting the trails and maxing out your suspension, be happy and enjoy the little extra lift. I had a spacer kit on my '04 and besides the rougher ride, I enjoyed the added clearance and good looks. Truck looks good.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #7

Compton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Denver ..... Is just like Compton .
Compton is my last name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
You got a spacer kit. If you like it, don't do much off roading, and don't mind the rough ride, then keep it. Other than that, your truck looks good.
thank you very much, havent noticed a rough ride but never drove the truck before the spacer kit was installed. Could it be that he installed the spacer so he was able to throw 20 inch rims on?

Will be removing the spacer kit and installing a proper lift sometime in the near future
Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compton View Post

thank you very much, havent noticed a rough ride but never drove the truck before the spacer kit was installed. Could it be that he installed the spacer so he was able to throw 20 inch rims on?

Will be removing the spacer kit and installing a proper lift sometime in the near future
Depending on your budget, and how enthusiastic you are about off roading, there are plenty of great lift packages out there that will increase the performance of you suspension.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
MWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
Name: Mark
MWall's Tacoma Gallery
20" rims? I'm confused. You have stock 17" rims. Enjoy the 3" top spacer lift, it is just fine for a non-off-road vehicle.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #10
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3inch spacer lift and mine does just fine off road. I tare it up and I haven't had the first problem.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 AM   #11

Compton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWall View Post
20" rims? I'm confused. You have stock 17" rims. Enjoy the 3" top spacer lift, it is just fine for a non-off-road vehicle.
when i made my purchase, a set of 4 winter studded were included on the stock rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
I have a 3inch spacer lift and mine does just fine off road. I tare it up and I haven't had the first problem.
thats good to know
Old 01-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #12
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
People's definition of offroad varies.

OP, if you push the vehicle hard offroad, you will snap the shock. This is because the spacer is forcing the shock to bottom out before the LCA hits the bumpstop. The shock will lose given a hard enough hit.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #13
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compton View Post

thats good to know
You need to weigh the advice around here. Its your truck and will take your money to fix it.

The 3" spacer being the destroyer of stock shocks is correct.