1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 TX PRO How much do you think I can get?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HAWAIICALIVEGAZ, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Dec 31, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    HAWAIICALIVEGAZ

HAWAIICALIVEGAZ [OP] Desert Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Pre Runner
    Dr Coilovers; Camburg UCAs; Sway bar Relocation block; Deaver J66 Leafs; ProComp extended travel rear shocks 6K HIDs & 13" antenna
    Just curious to see IF I was to post it, what I could potentially get

2011 TX PRO (so everything that comes with the TX PRO package)
    21,000mi
    Original owner

Glassworks Complete package
    315/75/16 Red Letters
    AllPro 1.5" spacers in the front
    Dr coilovers
    MaxTraxx lift spindles w/ steel braided brake lines
    Camburg UCA
    Swaybar spacers
    Deavers J66 Leaf pack
    ProComp extended travel rear shocks
    Firestone Airbags
    Volant intake
    Tinted windows
    TRD shift knob
    Weathertech front and rear digifit floormats
    Weathertech window visors

Everything was professionally installed/painted/fitted

I think that's everything, if I remember something else i'll post it..

EDIT: stubby antenna w/ christmas jack ball ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jan 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    HAWAIICALIVEGAZ

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Pre Runner
    Dr Coilovers; Camburg UCAs; Sway bar Relocation block; Deaver J66 Leafs; ProComp extended travel rear shocks 6K HIDs & 13" antenna
    it's worth nothing? LOL

3. Jan 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    Joels98taco

Joels98taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug tacoma
    fabtech 3" spindles, icon aal, 10" bilstein 7100 rear shocks, daystar coil spacers, AFE Pro Dry-s drop in filter, sony head unit, 2 12" pioneer subs, pioneer 6.5s all around, custom 1.25 lift shackles, custom lower ball joint brackets fabbed by me
    my question is why did you get the tx pro then go changing all the shocks and suspension? :confused:

4. Jan 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R

tx pro shocks and suspension are the same as TRD shocks and suspension. only difference with tx pro is a sticker, wheels, and exhaust. you might be thinking of the baja...

OP as far as value, you would have a hard time selling that truck as is, as you would have to find the right person who is looking for something like that. if you put it back to stock, completely, you're looking at like 24-26k.

5. Jan 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM
    Joels98taco

Joels98taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug tacoma
    fabtech 3" spindles, icon aal, 10" bilstein 7100 rear shocks, daystar coil spacers, AFE Pro Dry-s drop in filter, sony head unit, 2 12" pioneer subs, pioneer 6.5s all around, custom 1.25 lift shackles, custom lower ball joint brackets fabbed by me
    ahh ok gotcha my mistake

6. Jan 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    HAWAIICALIVEGAZ

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Pre Runner
    I know you never get back what you put into it... but was just wondering.. if anyone has any other input... i'm all ears! :D

7. Mar 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    Thirteen20WRX

Thirteen20WRX Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    11 DCSB TRD T|X PreRunner
    Eibach/Toytec springs, Front Bilstein 5100's set at .85, Rear Toytec 2" AAL, Spidertrax 1.25" spacers
    Hey man, reviving an old question but see you never got any responses. In December 2012, I paid $26.9k for a stock, 12k mile 2011 T|X with an Undercover locking tonneau. Bought it at CarMax, so I probably paid a little extra for not having to haggle. That said, personally, with all your suspension upgrades but purchasing from a private party...if I was local, I probably would've offered you 30k for it and saw if you bit.

Counterpoint to 650 H1, I just sold my 2002 Subie WRX with 140k miles and about 10k worth of engine/suspension upgrades. Great cosmetic shape, I had all records, but it had been in one accident and had a slipping clutch. Book value for retail (purchased from a dealer), for perfect mechanical condition with a clean (no accidents) carfax was around $7700. With the slipping clutch, the previous accident, and from a private party (me), it should have been much lower if I was going to just write off all my mods as no added value.

However, I was completely honest about the car's condition and history (both good and bad), and ended up selling it to a guy who knew exactly what he was getting and was willing to pay for it, for almost full RETAIL value, because he wanted the mods already done and done right. I think we both felt like we got a great deal.

tl;dr: With no dog in the fight, $30k is what I'd personally pay for a truck set up like that, and if you hold out and advertise it in the right places, I bet you can get someone to pay you what it's worth without parting it out.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top