Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lift question (bilstein 5100)

Old 01-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
lift question (bilstein 5100)

howzit! just sold my 2011 sti and bought a 2013 trd offroad. im new to the 4wd aspect of things, but not new to tacomas. before my subie i had a 08 xrunner, so in a way it feels good to be back in a tacoma...feels familar yet a lot different at the same time.

back to the topic on hand, just cracked 100 miles, i want to lift it up; 3 inches. i been reading topics, searching, rereading, researching. what i want to know is a definitive answer before i take the plunge. does the bilstein kit (linked below) have everything i need to lift my truck.

if it makes a difference my truck details: 13 access cab, trd off road, 4wd, 6spd

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

honestly, about a grand. i only picked that because of the numerous things i read about the 5100s, and the negativity around spacer lifts. plus shipping to hawaii is insane. probably when its all said and done, the final price on that kit will be right about a cool 1000.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of people running that set up with good results
Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #5

so everything i need to lift my truck is in that kit already? no need for extra bushings, longer u-bolts, like how they are added in to the other 5100 kits?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
so everything i need to lift my truck is in that kit already? no need for extra bushings, longer u-bolts, like how they are added in to the other 5100 kits?
I don't believe you will need longer U bolts for a single AAL install , but I'll let somebody else confirm that , I replaced my entire leaf pack so that's a different story
Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #7

thanks for replying, i appreciate it.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
thanks for replying, i appreciate it.

Good luck
Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #10

haha! very nice. thanks again.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 AM   #11

Just ordered it. shipping is damn near 300 dollars 9_9. hope its worth it lol.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #12
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
You are gonna like this setup. I have the same. Just the right height.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Their site reccomends a spacer to get a full 3" lift on a double cab. I know from reading on here that spacer lifts are no good but is the small spacer they reccomend with this kit ok or should you just skip it? Also curious on opinions which kit is better; the OME or Bilstein? They're very close in price.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #14
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to go for 3", you might as well pick up the OME. They are both great products. Bilstein is 2.5" max which is what I have. I would not add spacers IMHO over another lift.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #15

im really not too sure about the spacers with this particlar lift cause im not double cab, so i didnt look too much into it. i do know the only spacer im going to add, is the one included with the lift to negate the driver side lean. cant be having any of that non sense lol. i was conflicted for a few day on whether i would get this or that. in the end i decided to just go with the 5100 lift cause from all the reviews i read about the ome kit, its an awesome kit but on the soft side, the 5100 is a little firmer.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #16
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post
If you want to go for 3", you might as well pick up the OME. They are both great products. Bilstein is 2.5" max which is what I have. I would not add spacers IMHO over another lift.
Even the OME set-up recommends an extra spacer (over the taco lean spacer) to get a full 3".

"Add top plate spacers in drop down below for a full 3" front lift with 884 and 885 coils"
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Even the OME set-up recommends an extra spacer (over the taco lean spacer) to get a full 3".

"Add top plate spacers in drop down below for a full 3" front lift with 884 and 885 coils"
The OP will probably get 2 3/4" lift from 885's only

I would add the 1/4" top plates rather than the 1/2"

884's are 10mm (3/8") shorter than 885's
Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #18

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The OP will probably get 2 3/4" lift from 885's only

I would add the 1/4" top plates rather than the 1/2"

884's are 10mm (3/8") shorter than 885's
Yeah, I was asking more for myself because these kits look good and are about what I would like to spend. I have the DCLB.