1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seat belt weight sensor adjustment

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ovrebo1, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jan 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    ovrebo1

ovrebo1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I had my passengers seat out to mount an amp underneath it and somehow I screwed up the weight sensor in the seat because now the seat belt warning light comes on sparaticly. Does anyone know what I may have done or how to make sure the seat weight sensor is mounted or working properly? I have checked the connector, unplugged and plugged it back in several times.

2. Jan 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    If it is working sporadically then I would say you pulled a wire somewhere partly out of a connector or something similar.

I would first check the connector in between the floor and seat. Pull apart and make sure the pins are all the way in the connector.

3. Jan 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    ovrebo1

Member:
    After driving it more, its not sparatic. The light blinks for no seat belt with no one in the seat and the airbag light says the airbag is off. If you sit in the seat the airbag turns on. If you buckle the seat belt at any time the seat belt light turns off. I unplugged and plugged in the main weather pack connector for the seat and I pushed all wires on connectors under the seat and I still have the same problem.

4. Jan 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    ovrebo1

Member:
  5. Jan 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    try disconnecting battery for 15 mins or so

6. Jan 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    So is it sparatic or not? :confused:

Based on your second post, that's definitely screwy. I thought that if you sit in the seat, and the seat belt is NOT buckled, the air bag light indicates that the air bag is off meaning the air bag stays off if someone is sitting in the seat without the seat belt on. Sounds like you could have more than one issue going on.

7. Jan 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM
    Vstrom30

Vstrom30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Access Cab 4x4
    Fortunately, the only thing you probably did wrong was remove the seat. If the pass seat is removed for any reason, you need to perform a zero point calibration followed by a sensitivity check. The only way to do these things are with a Toyota/Lexus scan tool and metered weights that we set in the seat. If you take it to a dealer and tell them your situation, they will hopefully not charge you much. I know this info is annoying, but its the only way to take care of your issue.

Perform the zero point calibration and sensitivity check if any of the following conditions apply.

• The occupant classification ECU is replaced.
    • Accessories (seatback tray and seat cover, etc.) are installed.
    • The front passenger seat is removed from the vehicle.
    • The passenger airbag ON/OFF indicator (OFF) comes on when the front passenger seat is not occupied.
    • The vehicle is brought to the workshop for repair due to an accident or a collision.

8. Jan 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I just got done gutting my 2011 DC to install RAMMAT and I didn't have to adjust anything or calibrate anything with either seats. Both work fine. Had the seats out for 3 days, battery connected the entire time, no issues at all. All I did was unbolt the seat, tilt it back, unplug it, remove from truck.

I'm going with something (wire) is loose and not making a good connection.

9. Jan 10, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    0psi

0psi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    Westminster/glen burnie Maryland
    Color match handles,sport hood,fx-r retrofit,fog light any time,eclipse avn726e
    Maybe the amps pushing up on the seat?

10. Jan 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    Vstrom30

Vstrom30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Access Cab 4x4
    Things have changed with the newer Toyota/Lexus cars. You don't have to perform the zero point calibration on a lot of the newer ones because this got to be a pain. They will know right away when they pull the trouble codes for the occupant classification system. That info I posted for his 2007 Tacoma is straight from the manual.

Is it possible he may have scraped or cut a wire? Maybe. If you cannot find anything you did wrong, I have shared the most likely cause.

11. Jan 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    ovrebo1

Member:
    Thank you for the correct answer! This will just help me get my butt in gear to get my tranny flushed too.

12. Jan 28, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    OK YOU CAN PULL THE CODES WITHOUT ANY SPECIAL READER FROM TOYO OR ANYONE
    ALL YOU NEED IS A PAPERCLIP
    IF YOU NEED THE HOW TO DO THIS THEN PM ME AND I WILL SET YOU UP WITH ALL THE INFO YOU NEED
    as for a zero point calibration never herd of it except for the yaw rate sensor which as far as i know is part of a different system
    you can also clear any dtc codes with paperclip as well

13. Jan 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    ovrebo1

Member:
    Does anyone know if there is a smart phone app that allows you to read body codes? I have a OBD2 bluetooth adapter, I just haven't sat there and played with it yet. I only hooked it up once and saw that it gives real time data.

14. Jan 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    Ok unsure if u people know the srs / air bag is completely desperate from odb2 system
    If in fact u want to read the codes for the srs system u can with a jumper wire or paper lip as for the zero point calibration that is for the yaw rate sensor and that's different from srs

15. Jan 31, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    fjrmurph

fjrmurph Well-Known Member

Member:
    disable the seat belt alarm !!!

16. Aug 2, 2016 at 8:33 PM
    sxe4533

sxe4533 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmond, OK
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRDORDCSBAT
    2015 TRD PRO suspension
    Any resolution on this I installed clazzio seat covers and I am having the same problem described above

Products Discussed in

To Top