Notices

Cheap place to buy TRD EXHAUST?

Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
MrKyfosh is on a distinguished road
Name: Nicholas
MrKyfosh's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Cheap place to buy TRD EXHAUST?

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a TRD Exhuast for my 2012 DC SB and have been trying to find the cheapest place. The two lowest places I found (and usually the online places get me with shipping) is:

1) My dealer Toyota of Tampa Bay @ $450 +tax

and...

2) $435ish from a website that I forgot the name of.

I am just seeing if anybody knows of anything better (price wise; I did my research and I know I want the TRD Exhaust as I am an OEM kind of person) out there.

Thanks a lot!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
maybe check the market place on here, for a used one, thats probably your only way of getting significantly cheaper

because Stealer ships have their firm prices, im going with magnaflow CAT back
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...product=273487
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
Yeah, I checked TRD Parts for you, but shipping is 125 and that puts the part in the 500 area. If it was just a flat 390, then I'd take it.

Thanks a lot for the help though.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
Actually found this place based out of Dallas, TX with free shipping and at $357.00. I just can't find a part number for it to make sure it will be for my truck.

http://usatoyotaparts.com/?i=2&id=17508099&from=1

Another quick Q though. It says it is for 2005 to 2008 Tacomas, but this should fit my 2012 right? Assuming that this is made for a Doublecab Shortbed right?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow off road pro is the way to go... And it's much cheaper
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
mikestoy is on a distinguished road
mikestoy's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Shoptrd.com. Make sure you use your vin number when ordering. I paid $357.00 shipping free. This is a cat back system made for Toyota Tocoma.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
Shaggs, I completely understand, but I am going against all of your logic. Like I said, very OEM kind of person.

Shoptrd.com is basically the same site, don't know the technical terms, but usatoyotaparts.com is run by the same people/dealership... were you happy with your trd exhaust?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
mikestoy is on a distinguished road
mikestoy's Tacoma Gallery
Yes; it sounds fine to me and it seems to have better throtle responce. I can actually hear the truck when I start it now even with the heater fan on. Like the ovall shape of the TRD exhaust tip also. So yes I am satisfied.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyfosh View Post
Yeah, I checked TRD Parts for you, but shipping is 125 and that puts the part in the 500 area. If it was just a flat 390, then I'd take it.

Thanks a lot for the help though.
My dealership matched that price for my 2011 TRD Exhaust...and their shipping was free...then got installed for like $50.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #11
BikPickle is on a distinguished road
Marines: SSgt
Name: Nick
BikPickle's Tacoma Gallery
You guys need to become friends with your local Toyota parts manager. I have lived in many different cities and all managers have price matched on line prices and in a few cases beat them. This is my 7th Yota if you count Scions. A good manager realizes that a shallow margin is better than no margin.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
I think I am going to give the price match things a try at the dealerships. Give them the ol', "I would rather give my money to a local business rather than an online Chinese robot (sarcasm/sensationalism/patriotism)."

Good ideas guys.