Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Stereo Background Change Possible?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #21
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Oooh. This just got exciting!

I don't mind the backup cam in the rear view mirror, but a forward cam + a TV tuner would be fun.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #22
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMcFly View Post
Oooh. This just got exciting!

I don't mind the backup cam in the rear view mirror, but a forward cam + a TV tuner would be fun.
im actually trying to get a tv digital tuner to play on the screen...haha
this was the only thing in hand that i can "destroy" if anything where to go wrong
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #23
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
im actually trying to get a tv digital tuner to play on the screen...haha
this was the only thing in hand that i can "destroy" if anything where to go wrong
Awesome progress! I'm turning in for the night and can't wait to see where this thread goes. The a/v is definitely exciting!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #25
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
flyerdrew21 is on a distinguished road
flyerdrew21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im trying to get it back up as we speak...
That's what she said...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #26
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdrew21 View Post
Correct, no JBL/Entune. I have the Basic touch screen. Local stereo shop said they should be able to fix it so I can have my iphone display on the stock toyota touch screen for maps/videos etc... but they said they dont have the right wiring harness to override things yet... Apparently they could do it if it was a 2012.
Sub'd!

I want this!! That would be a really cool feature!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #27
mtnwrks is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mtnwrks's Tacoma Gallery
Any update?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #28
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Not from me...busy. Probably wont have time till this weekend
Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #29
mustainefan is on a distinguished road
mustainefan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Correct, no JBL/Entune. I have the Basic touch screen. Local stereo shop said they should be able to fix it so I can have my iphone display on the stock toyota touch screen for maps/videos etc... but they said they dont have the right wiring harness to override things yet... Apparently they could do it if it was a 2012.
Also very interested in this. Anxiously awaiting more info!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #30
blackened302 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
blackened302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustainefan View Post
Also very interested in this. Anxiously awaiting more info!
Ditto! Sub'd.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #31
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Updated OP with links to the other 2 threads covering the A/V and camera type topics.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #32
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
While we're on the subject of the radio, does anyone know what the on-screen "text" button is for? (I have the entune navigation one with apps, if it matters)
Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #33

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Jerez needs to set some time aside to get this crap all figured out and see if he can make a small adapter himself so people can just do it all plug and play for cheap lmao
Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #35
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jerez needs to set some time aside to get this crap all figured out and see if he can make a small adapter himself so people can just do it all plug and play for cheap lmao
Subd
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #36
hudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to behold
Army: Master Gunner Delta Compnay Army National Guard Warrior Training Center
Name: Jonathan
hudsonstrong's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 01-17-2013, 02:12 AM   #37
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
flyerdrew21 is on a distinguished road
flyerdrew21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Called the shop yesterday to check in, but still nothing available yet for the 2013 touch screen radio.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #38
illmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Matt
illmatyk's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, I was messing with my stereo earlier and I noticed in my settings menu there is an option for image background or something like that. Anyone else have that?

It's raining outside right now but when it comes to a stop I'm gonna go out and try to mess with it to figure something out.

Edit: Checked it out and background is supposed to be able to change with artwork/pics that are on ipod or when ipod is connected( from how I understand the owner manual ).
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #39
hudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to beholdhudsonstrong is a splendid one to behold
Army: Master Gunner Delta Compnay Army National Guard Warrior Training Center
Name: Jonathan
hudsonstrong's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatyk View Post
Hey guys, I was messing with my stereo earlier and I noticed in my settings menu there is an option for image background or something like that. Anyone else have that?

It's raining outside right now but when it comes to a stop I'm gonna go out and try to mess with it to figure something out.

Edit: Checked it out and background is supposed to be able to change with artwork/pics that are on ipod or when ipod is connected( from how I understand the owner manual ).
No.. I don't have that option in my 2013 Tacoma. How did you locate this option?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #40
blackened302 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
blackened302's Tacoma Gallery
Did you plugin a USB memory card that contained image files, perhaps? I thought about trying that but haven't had a chance.