Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird sound from under rear seats

Old 01-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
Weird sound from under rear seats

OK so I've only had my taco for a few weeks, but occasionally I'm hearing an odd sound that I've not managed to pinpoint.

Sometimes when turning hard, or going over speed bumps in my complex I'll hear something rattle around. Sorta sounds like the jack under the rear seats is moving or sliding, but that is not the problem. It doesn't happen often, but I'm thinking its something in the under-carriage.

Suggestions on what to check, where to look? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

yea it does sound like it could be metal on metal. Just a little clink and then I don't hear it anymore.

Have a picture?

edit.. after watching your video. Yes that is exactly what I'm hearing.. still would love a picture if that's not too much trouble. lol
Old 01-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what to do to skip to the chase... If you have a jack, jack up one side of the truck from the Frame rail or flex ur truck so weight is off one side of the leaf pack, take a look In between the leafs and check for wear or a scuff mark if there is take a peice of felt pad used for bottom of chairs and stick it on it. That's what I did I finally found it today after 2 weeks on a brand new truck :/ I even brought it to the dealer and the didn't do squat. Check that and report back
Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
First time Taco

Yea I just read your entire post.. Jack it up so the leaf pack isn't compressed and check for scuffs. I'll have to give that a try. I don't hear it often, but still. This seems like such a silly issue.

Thanks man.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
No prob, yours sound like its on the passenger side? The spot on mine was on both side of the leaf in front of the rear tire right where the metal bracket is that holds the emergency break cable in place. Look right there, bottom leaf spring right where the big rivet looking thing is that holds the u shaped bracket that's keeps the springs from shifting.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
First time Taco

yea sounds like it's under the back passenger seat when it happens.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
First time Taco

already checked bed bolts and trailer hitch. Next I was going to check the spare tire, just didn't sound like that direction.

I think your video nailed it. I'll do some checking tomorrow.