Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rusty rear bumper

Old 01-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
kubota man is on a distinguished road
kubota man's Tacoma Gallery
Angry rusty rear bumper

my 08 tacoma dc trd off road 4x4 chrome rear bumper has rust spots all around the licence plate area are there any recalls or any one else having this problem should i ask the dealer to replace it with a silver streak mica color or would it rust also
Old 01-31-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
are you sure its not the plate or screws washing rust on to the bumper?any pics
Old 01-31-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
kubota man is on a distinguished road
kubota man's Tacoma Gallery
no its all around the lights also was shock when i seen it tried ti wipe it off but it was flaky in places this truck was manufacture 3-2008 so its first winter i guess the salt has caused it
Old 01-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubota man View Post
no its all around the lights also was shock when i seen it tried ti wipe it off but it was flaky in places this truck was manufacture 3-2008 so its first winter i guess the salt has caused it
it is under warranty. tell the dealer you want a painted bumper. it should be alot cheaper than the chrome one anyway.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
danmckennat is on a distinguished road
danmckennat's Tacoma Gallery
i have same problem on my 09. i have only had it for a four months and i have rust all over the rear bumper. tried to take it to dealer to get fixed but they said they wouldnt replace it.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckennat View Post
i have same problem on my 09. i have only had it for a four months and i have rust all over the rear bumper. tried to take it to dealer to get fixed but they said they wouldnt replace it.
Same here, they told me the rust color was the de-ice that is applied to the roads when it sits there. They said that with enough rubbing it will come off (man that sound dirty) and it did work last year. However this year it is back and I think it may be rust. When I asked if they would replace it under a rust protection he said to bring it in and they would look at it.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #7
TacoBo will become famous soon enough
TacoBo's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome polish will rub it right off if it's just surface rust. A good wax might help keep it from rusting so easily in the future. My old nerf bars were bad about this too.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Work in progress
khaos5407 is on a distinguished road
khaos5407's Tacoma Gallery
no probs with mine thank god!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBo View Post
Chrome polish will rub it right off if it's just surface rust. A good wax might help keep it from rusting so easily in the future. My old nerf bars were bad about this too.
had the same problem, I used the chrome polish and it came off no prob.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
needataco is on a distinguished road
needataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red06toy View Post
had the same problem, I used the chrome polish and it came off no prob.
I noticed this on my 08 recently too. I know chrome polish will take it off but it will come back. I mean, come on, most chrome bumpers don't do this. What is the consensus, will the dealers do anything about it?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's got a little bit of rust on it too. I noticed one of the screws was rusty as shit and thought the rust on the bumper came from that since the rusty area on the bumper is right under where the rusty screw was, replaced the screw with a black one to match the license frame but man did that piss me off when i first saw it.