Notices

Purchasing my first Taco.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
bladerunner94 is on a distinguished road
Name: Conner
bladerunner94's Tacoma Gallery
Question Purchasing my first Taco.

Hi guys.

I am in the market for a new car becuase my 2005 Jeep liberty is on its last legs. It needs a new transmission and I looked into buying one but it would cost $2000 and its not going to help the car value. Also I would need a new catalytic converter. All in all, I would be spending the cars value in parts.

I have always liked Tacomas and I have been eyeing them for months. My Grandpa is going to help me buy it, and I will make monthly payments back to him.

I am looking at the 2013 Tacoma Prerunner. I dont feel I would need a sport edition or 4X4 because of my location in California. Although it would be nice to take it off-roading I cant afford the insurance and gas. I am looking for 4X2 V6 with a tow package.

Any advice for a new taco buyer?

Thanks guys.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
jakedaugh is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: JD275
jakedaugh's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 TRD Sport double cab 4x4 for sale
Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Might want to think again on the purchase if insurance and the added gas cost of a 4x4 is not in your budget .
Old 01-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
New transmission on a 2005 Jeep? Isn't that kind of early for a replacement? Did you rag on it or something?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Are you actually going to tow with it? if not the package is an unneeded expense.

Also, if you are worried about gas have you looked into the I4? Or do you have a need for the V6?

Just questions to speculate
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
^ Its a Jeep. It could have 5 miles on the Odometer and have a bad tranni.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Back in high school when a buddy got his license his dad gave my friend his wrangler with 190k in the odoand said when it dies he will get a batter car. Just about original everything and we WOMPED on that shit, never jumping it or anything but it was floored 9 times out of 10. Lasted another 40k or so then catastrophically died
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
If cost of fuel and insurance are a factor, you may want to reconsider getting a truck or maybe look into the 4cylinder tacomas. Most people get about 17-18 mpg on a non modded v6 taco.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
If cost of fuel and insurance are a factor, you may want to reconsider getting a truck or maybe look into the 4cylinder tacomas. Most people get about 17-18 mpg on a non modded v6 taco.
+1 on this.

Cheaper over-all cost of ownership, but fuel and insurance aren't part of those numbers.